Kids program on port days?

travelling fools

Well, I can only speak to Carnival. Yes, on port days the camp is open from when the ship docks or anchors until sailaway, with no breaks or closures. This is to allow parents to take advantage of shore excursions which are not age appropriate for kids. They even feed the kids who are in the camp at lunch time.

We've always taken our kids ashore, but on occasion, we have returned early and the kids wanted to go to camp. No problem!

HTH!

Celebrity also has their "normal" schedule while in port. The only difference being that they will "babysit" and take the children to lunch for $6 an hour during the mid-day break. Terrific if you have an opportunity to take a day long excursion.

On HAL, we had a horrible experience while in port with their kids club. Basically, none of the staff "felt" like working that day. When our daughter showed up they had one of the male entertainers waiting to supervise her.

On HAL, we had a horrible experience while in port with their kids club. Basically, none of the staff "felt" like working that day. When our daughter showed up they had one of the male entertainers waiting to supervise her.
I guess they didn't earn much of a tip on that trip! :rolleyes:

Princess has in-port sitting for free. You need to sign up by the day before. The only thing is that the fun zone closes between 5 and 7pm, which is a pain if you're in a port past five. I think they also close for lunch but I'll have to check my info on that.

Disney.

We went sightseeing in both Freeport and Nassau without the kids. We actually begged them to join us but they were having too much fun and wouldn't get off the ship.

When the kids are that happy, why fight? We had a blast sightseeing alone.

• 1 month later...

We also did this on Disney. Did some sightseeing in Nassau with the kids, but took them back to the ship and the kids' club when they got bored. Then DH and I went back out to shop for souveneirs. I didn't really think that I would be comfortable with this, but Disney had provided us with a pager, the kids had no hesitation and I knew that we could be back to the ship in 5 minutes if necessary - so it worked well and everyone was happy.:)

We used Club HAL on port days without a problem. They had the club open the whole time, and took the kids to lunch etc, we just told them the night before when we would drop them off and when we'd pick them up. No problems, and dd loved it!

Archived