another teen activity question

bubbles1209

Yes, yet another question on teen activities for a 14 year old. We are cruising on Elation in about a month. I did a search, but a lot of what we found was a little , well, old news, like a year ago. I've been seeing a lot of recent reviews coming in on Elation in the Eastern Caribbean, where we are going, and would appreciate some input from people recently coming back. What is there for 14 year olds to do? DD would like a clue as to what's out there for her. Thanks for any help!:)

Well, I can tell you that on Elation's sister, Paradise, there isn't a heck of a lot for 14 year olds to do. Unfortunately, Carnival doesn't have the age groups divided up in such a way that the 13 and 14 year old teenagers can join the 15-17 year olds. When we spoke to the counselor about this she said there have been many comments and complaints and they've taken it to upper management. Princess and NCL have their teen program from ages 13-17. Gee, on the Paradise, my daughter and her 3 friends wanted to badly to go into the teen club just to be able to join in on the activities and dancing. So, instead, the 13 and 14 year olds just have to hang out and wander around. There is no way they want to be in Camp Carnival with 12 year olds! :rolleyes:

Yes, yet another question on teen activities for a 14 year old. We are cruising on Elation in about a month. I did a search, but a lot of what we found was a little , well, old news, like a year ago. I've been seeing a lot of recent reviews coming in on Elation in the Eastern Caribbean, where we are going, and would appreciate some input from people recently coming back. What is there for 14 year olds to do? DD would like a clue as to what's out there for her. Thanks for any help!:)

We just sailed the Elation in April and my not-quite-15-year-old son had a great time in the O2 Club (for 15 to 17 year olds). They didn't ask his age and he didn't offer the information. The leader, Tara, was great and my only complaint were that they had too many activities - son didn't want to spend any time with us after he made friends.:o The only thing that worried me a little (and this is my own fault for letting him join up with the older crowd) is they had activities starting up at midnight and after. I wouldn't let my son stay out that late, so he felt like he was missing out.

By the way, we kept tabs on him using two-way-radios and arranged a face-to-face with him about every two hours. Worked pretty well for us but a lot of that depends on how responsible your kid is.

Good luck and have fun...

• 4 weeks later...

I am on the upper end of Carnivals kids program (17). On my Carnival (Spirit Class) cruise 15-17 might feel left out, as they don't have there own room, ie Club O2, like the Conquest class has. On all Carnival class ships I have to think 18-20 feel a bit left out. Since some of adult activities mean 21+.

I just hope I can find some teen cruisers to hang out with in Oct:o

Well, I can tell you that on Elation's sister, Paradise, there isn't a heck of a lot for 14 year olds to do. Unfortunately, Carnival doesn't have the age groups divided up in such a way that the 13 and 14 year old teenagers can join the 15-17 year olds. When we spoke to the counselor about this she said there have been many comments and complaints and they've taken it to upper management. Princess and NCL have their teen program from ages 13-17. Gee, on the Paradise, my daughter and her 3 friends wanted to badly to go into the teen club just to be able to join in on the activities and dancing. So, instead, the 13 and 14 year olds just have to hang out and wander around. There is no way they want to be in Camp Carnival with 12 year olds! :rolleyes:

I can't believe that Carnival seems to have forgotten about this little gap in age groups and has not done something with all the complaints to improve this situation. There really should be more activities and a special club for the 13-14 year olds ... at least give them one full night of dancing in the 02 club rather than a silly hour or hour and fifteen minutes of this type of enjoyment. Perhaps there's more being offered than I have read about for this age group, I certainly hope this is the case since I will be on the Liberty in a few months with my 13 year old daughter.

Archived