Fitness Center on Spirit

danyelle

Hi past Spirit cruisers,

How'd you like the gym facilities onboard? Were there ample amounts of equipment? in good condition? did you have to wait much? how were classes? etc

Thanks

I did a couple of walk throughs of the fitness area. The area is sufficient even though it is small. There was never more than two people in the gym at one time. They have all current machines and weights. I cannot comment on the classes because I didn't attend any.

We are also interested in the fitness classes on the Spirit. How many are no additional fee and are they conveniently scheduled? We thought those classes on the Dawn were not as frequent and popular after Steiners took them over.

My info is from last August on the Spirit, so I do not know what has changed since then, but here is my experience.

The group classes that had no extra charge were:

power walk session (I put this in the "group" category loosely)

step class

circuit class

body toning class

abs, buns & thighs class

stretch class

The group classes with a $10 per charge class were Yoga and Pilates.

When I was there, they did not have an aerobics room and conducted the classes in the main show lounge. The classes were good, albeit geared toward beginners (which there were several of). I thought they were scheduled well enough that I was able to attend a good number.

I haven't liked the classes as well as before the Steiners took over, either. On Carnival or NCL. They didn't even bother to show up for the class on my Carnival cruise. I'm sure they were there for the seminars, though.

Archived