Shareholder Credit Question

SC_Sam

Am I reading the postings correctly that if I buy stock in CCL, then I cannot combine the shareholder onboard credit with the future cruise credit I would get for booking onboard? Has anybody had any actual experience with this issue?

I recently had this come up and NO you cannot use both a future cruise credit and a shareholder credit on the same cruise or so I was told. I would also be interested in what others have experienced in trying to get a shareholder credit. I bought the stock partially for this reason and have had trouble getting it because they seem to always come up with reasons not to allow it. The fine print must say "only given for full fare cruises".

Good luck in getting it and have a great next cruise.

We were stock holders and prior to the ruling change got the shipboard credit as a stock owner multiple times along with the shipboard credit for booking onboard.

Sold the stock, at a nice profit, when we were denied the shipboard credit because of having booking onboard/future cuise shipboard credit.

The fine print must say "only given for full fare cruises".
We had some very good discounted cruises on which we did receive it.

That appears to settle it, then. Obviously, with the uncertainty in the stock market, as far as onboard credits go, I am much better off just doing a couple of open future bookings when next I am onboard (hopefully in September, if I can convince DW that 6 months apart is not too soon to take another cruise).

Thanks for the info, folks. This site is an incredible source. I wish I had spent more time on it before my first 3 cruises.

The stockholder benefit is $ 100.00 per room for a seven day cruise. If, for instance, you have a $ 50.00 on-board credit, you can get an extra $ 50.00 for being a stockholder. They will kick in any money over and above your on-board credit up to $ 100.00 total.

By the way, Royal Caribbean has a similar benefit, but it is unrelated to any other offers. In my opinion, it is a better deal.

I agree that RCCL stockholder credit is a much better deal since they will combine the credit with other offers. But my real objection is that it is much more difficult to get Princess to issue the stock credit. I never have had any difficulty on RCCL or even Carnival or HAL, but out TA has to fight to get the credit each time on Princess.

It is not combinable, but if you just fax the info to passenger relations, they will tkae care of it. I have used it 7 out of 11 cruises. The others were future cruise credits.

Archived