Voyager class-any difference in ships? PLEASE HELP!

We are looking at W. Caribbean, EOS, VOS OR MOS, all pretty much the same itinerary, except Labadee vs. Costa Maya. Not to excited about either of those..anway. Price the same, etc. Is there any difference between the ships? And would you do Labadee/Ocho Rios or Belize/Costa Maya? I really need help-I'm planning this for a small group!

We are looking at W. Caribbean, EOS, VOS OR MOS, all pretty much the same itinerary, except Labadee vs. Costa Maya. Not to excited about either of those..anway. Price the same, etc. Is there any difference between the ships? And would you do Labadee/Ocho Rios or Belize/Costa Maya? I really need help-I'm planning this for a small group!

Explorer and Voyager have Adventure Beach for kids with a kiddie pool and slide. Mariner does not. Mariner is the newest in the Voyager Family and has the new updated balconies with all glass instead of the steel/glass combo on Voyager/Explorer. Some prefer the Mariner/Navigator balconies over the others. Mariner has Portofino, Chops and Jade. Explorer/Voyager only have Portofino. The rest is pretty much all the same.

If you or any of your family is a science geek (like I am), the Explorer is home to University of Miami Ocean Lab, a state-of-the-art oceanographic and atmospheric science lab. This is a working lab. My understanding is that pax can tour and observe and that there are occasional lectures. Sadly, I won't know this personally until September.

If you are going on the cruise mainly interested in the ship, I would for sure go for Mariner of the Seas. It feels newer and a little nicer than Voyager, but they are really much the same. I really like the glass balconies on Navigator and Mariner, compared to the steel on all the other Voyager-class. But, if you are going for the ports, I would go with Explorer of the Seas. We liked both Labadee and Costa Maya, but if we had to pick we for sure go back to Costa Maya, it is one of our favorite ports. Any of them will be a great trip, but personally, I would go with Mariner of the Seas or Explorer of the Seas.

We were on Mariner and Voyager, in the order.

We like Mariner- decor was nicer, newer.

We also like Voyager, but the seatign in the wind jammer was more comfortable, that ship has some bench seats (for wide butts like mine and DH's)

Where Mariner, we sat at stools.

Both have uncomfortable theater chairs, so we stood.

Really appreciate your response! It's pressure being the group leader and having to choose! I think I like the Belize/Costa Maya itinerary on Explorer. What did you like about Costa Maya?

Costa Maya is just a lot of fun. We did a bike and kayak excursion that was about two hours and then we went back to the ship and ate at the Windjammer. At about one, we got off and took a bus from the pier to Majahaul (sp?). We had a really good time, it was gorgeous there. Theres also a lot of free stuff to do right off of the pier, which is really unusual. They have free pools (huge) lounge chairs, and a bunch of little shops and bars right there next to it. It's a great port.

Archived