Just Booked silver moon, but have a ??

sunlover5

OOh yes, after your beautiful, relaxing cruise, you can take a short walk to the Boatyard (approx 5 mins) or take a stroll around the town. Duty-free shopping is great especially for perfume, cosmetics and jewelry. Just make sure to be back on ship by the time you should be. Town is closed on Sundays and shuts around 2:00pm on Saturdays.

Enjoy!!!!!!!!!!!!!:)

Just booked it (Yeah!!) and I know it goes till 2:30. Did you feel you had time to do something else?? We would like to walk or take a taxi and check out the boatyard??? Is this possible??? Thanks!!

Are you on Silvermoon I or II -- we were on Silvermoon I and were not picked up until 10:30 and then we were off of Silvermoon and back to the docks around 4:00 - we had time before and after to shop around the dock area. I wish I would have gotten out of bed to go to Earthworks Pottery - instead I bought some in the Best of Barbados store - would have loved to have taken the time to visit were they had a bigger selection!!

Is there enough time to go to the Boatyard and be back to the ship by 12, for our planned excursion? Also, what can I expect to see there and is it worth it or should i pass the time until 12 by shopping at the pier? Thanks.

We are going on Silvermoon I and my confirmation email said to meet by 9:00 a.m. and we would be back at 2:30. It doesn't matter, just curious if we did get back on time, if it was possible to see the boatyard or do a little shopping. Thanks!!

Those times are different than what we had in March. You might have some time to go shopping at the terminal when you get back. We left at 10:30 and got back around 4pm.

How much is the Silvermon tour and what does it include?

Thanks

Gail,

My mom and I were on Silvermoon I in early December. We paid around $90.00 but I think it has gone up in price. I think the one thing that was really nice is they only take 12 people on board the boat. I loved this excursion. They pick you up at the dock around 10:30 - so it does give you time to get out a do some shopping before you are picked up. It is only a five minute ride to the Silvermoon and once everyone has paid and is onboard you are off. We had Ben and Tony onboad with us and they really take care of everyone. Our first stop was to snorkel with the turtles. Tony was the one to take us in here - their was one other group snorkeling at the turtle sight at that time so you had a great chance to swim and get some great pictures. Next stop is to snorkel over a ship wreck, great opportunity to view really colorful fish. After your second snorkel they anchor off of the shore and you are able to swim into the beach or just around the boat. In between this you are served pina coloda's (spelling?) that were made by Tony, champagne, cookies and really fantastic luncheon. The water was crystal clear and just a great opportunity to snorkel. I would definitely do this excursion again. The only downside is you really don't get a chance to view the island - so if you don't want to spend the day on the water than this isn't for you - it was a great way to end our cruise and cannot wait to go back and do this excursion again with my kids! Any more questions I will be happy to answer them! You can also check it out online at http://www.oceanadventuresbarbados.com.

We were on the Silver Moon II last Friday (May 19). This was definitely the highlight of our trip! I am so glad that I read these message boards prior to booking a shore excursion. If anyone is questioning whether or not this is worth it the answer is "yes, it is absolutely worth it!". By the way, ours left at 9 am and returned at 2:30.

• 3 weeks later...

We are thinking of booking with Silver Moon on one of their catamarans on our next cruise. We have heard and read so many wonderful things about this tour. Can someone please help and answer a few questions.

1. Since I am not a swimmer and do not like to go in water above my head will I be able to go in the water with the turtles with a lifevest?

2. How deep is the water when you arrive at the beach and have to swim to shore? And, again, can I use a lifevest to swim ashore?

3. Is the water rough and does the boat rock when it stops for snorkeling? I also tend to get seasick if the boat rocks too much. Usually a catamaran doesn't rock much, so I am hoping this is true for this boat.

Thanks in advance for your help,

Arlene

We are thinking of booking with Silver Moon on one of their catamarans on our next cruise. We have heard and read so many wonderful things about this tour. Can someone please help and answer a few questions.

1. Since I am not a swimmer and do not like to go in water above my head will I be able to go in the water with the turtles with a lifevest?

2. How deep is the water when you arrive at the beach and have to swim to shore? And, again, can I use a lifevest to swim ashore?

3. Is the water rough and does the boat rock when it stops for snorkeling? I also tend to get seasick if the boat rocks too much. Usually a catamaran doesn't rock much, so I am hoping this is true for this boat.

Thanks in advance for your help,

Arlene

1. Are you sure you would want to go in the water not knowing how to swim? The vests they give you are snorkeling vests. They have minimal flotation. The sea turtles will be right next to the boat, so if you decide not to go in the water you will still see the turtles.

2. We did not swim ashore.

3. There was not much rocking when we were out, but I'm sure that depends on the day. If you tend to get seasick, I would take your medication just in case.

Archived