sail & sign question

bubbles1209

When I go to the ccl website and go to faq at the bottom,when i click on access to money on board, and click on what is sail & sign, it says:cash & travelers checks are accepted as a form of deposit to open a sail & sign account. It also shows for a 5-8 day cruise, it is $200 pp. Ok, is that in addition to the $10 per person per day for gratuities? Anyone ever used cash or travelers checks know the answer to this one? All help is appreciated.

Your tips and gratuities will be taken out of your initial deposit. As you run out of money, you will need to go back to the purser and put more on your account.

Hubby and I use a credit card as our deposit, but by the end of the cruise we have paid off the S&S bill with cash and travelers checks. It's easier for us...and we don't have any bills to come home to.

You put down the $200 per person. You then can use your room key to buy drinks, duty free shopping, etc. It will all be billed to your sign and sail account. On the last day of the cruise they will also bill the gratuities to your account. Any money that you have left will be refunded.

on the Holiday last week 5/13-18. They required $50 pp to open the account (5-day cruise). That was the gratuities. If we wanted to purchase anything else, of course, they required more cash to be deposited. We put in $300 for 2 people to open the account and eventually added another $150.

So to answer your question, yes....Gratuity is included in the requited deposit & is taken out immediately.

on the Holiday last week 5/13-18. They required $50 pp to open the account (5-day cruise). That was the gratuities. If we wanted to purchase anything else, of course, they required more cash to be deposited. We put in $300 for 2 people to open the account and eventually added another $150.

So to answer your question, yes....Gratuity is included in the requited deposit & is taken out immediately.

okay.. not to sound dumb.. or repeative..

im going on a three day cruise to nassau on june 16th. there are two people in my room. would the deposit just be 60.00 min.. then i can up it to what i want?? i want to make sure i have everything planned out ahead of time. suprises.. esp with money.. are NO fun. <-------first time cruiser here incase you couldnt tell. :D

Guest YesitDonna

LOL It's really not confusing at all. They have a "suggested" tip amount that they bill to your sail and sign for the cruise, per person. There is no "cash" used on board. All cash goes to your account (if you are using cash and not a credit card) and everything you would buy onboard would be deducted from the amount you placed into your account at the beginning. At the end of the cruise, whatever amount you have left over in your sail and sign is automatically put into a check for you and put under your door at the end of the cruise. I believe the tip amount comes out to $7.50 per person in the cabin per day. So, a 5 night cruise would be $37.50/person, pretty good deal for the service you are getinng I would say.

You can now view your S&S account on the tv in your cabin on most if not all ships. Tips are usually the first thing billed.

For you new people, it might help to check your balance daily & add to your account if necessary.

Have a great cruise! :D

Are the S&S cards charged to the person or to the cabin number? In other words, my sister is staying in the same cabin as DH and me. Will we be able to differentiate who charged what?

Ok, I gave up & called carnival. The gentleman was very co-operative, and even took the time to double-check with his supervisor. He told me that it is a $200.00 per person deposit, however that is when each person is using their s&s card to charge on. If you are only gonna charge on 1 card, you only need 1 deposit, and to let them know you are only using 1 card to charge on. Example: 3 going ...yourself, dh, &dd. You are only gonna charge things for all 3 of you on your card. You will only have 1 $200 deposit. DH & DD will still have a card, but will not be able to charge on it. You & DH both have cards & you both want to be able to charge things to it. $200 deposit for your card, $200 deposit for his/her card, still no 3rd deposit for DD's card, because she will not be charging. Finally got the same answer from them twice:) I think that's an incredible feat all in itself! Also you add extra to take care of the tips (10 per person per day). Plus whatever you think you may spend, as i've heard, add on if necessary.

I just called Carnival as well and was told that we could use one card to charge on and the deposit *cash* required for a 3 day cruise is $200.00 *$100 per person*. That definitely help us keep track.

Ok, I gave up & called carnival. The gentleman was very co-operative, and even took the time to double-check with his supervisor. He told me that it is a $200.00 per person deposit, however that is when each person is using their s&s card to charge on. If you are only gonna charge on 1 card, you only need 1 deposit, and to let them know you are only using 1 card to charge on. Example: 3 going ...yourself, dh, &dd. You are only gonna charge things for all 3 of you on your card. You will only have 1 $200 deposit. DH & DD will still have a card, but will not be able to charge on it. You & DH both have cards & you both want to be able to charge things to it. $200 deposit for your card, $200 deposit for his/her card, still no 3rd deposit for DD's card, because she will not be charging. Finally got the same answer from them twice:) I think that's an incredible feat all in itself! Also you add extra to take care of the tips (10 per person per day). Plus whatever you think you may spend, as i've heard, add on if necessary.

Archived