When to stop wearing a bikini

I don't know so much that people are into fad diets but trying to eat healthy.

I see more overweight kids then before. If they are eating healthy then for sure they are not getting any excercise:( Kids seem to sit in front of TV or computers more then ever. And with parents working having such busy schedule, it's hard for them to come home and cook a decent meal.

Sorry I went way of subject:)

I was about to post earlier about this, but I held back. Here it is :D

My husband was a soy devotee. You know how many things soy is in? Everything. All candy bars, but Payda (that we've found so far) and most of the food we eat everyday. Well Gene has just been diagnosed with a severe soy allergy. I figured it was very rare, but no. My doctor says she has a lot of patients with soy allergies and that they are getting more common with our exposure to soy products.

Not a, "RUN FOR THE HILLS" warning, but a comment that soy is good for you, but like everything else maybe we should consider it in moderation. I now bake most of our bread and cook most of our other foods from whole foods to make sure the soy is out. Makes going out to dinner fun. Not! Sigh.

with my good fortune that will be me! you know why I wanted to get off the diabetes meds-one kind caused me to have horrible uncontrollable gas as in put into nice words "breaking wind" by accident in public and having worst accidents.

So then the Dr. tried me on another med. This made me hurt in my upper right chest area and back-it turned out that med was messing up my liver!

so what are the allergy sympthons?

well I do believe the soy stuff is good-I am eating like host star's son and my blood sugar is great now-I am off diabetes meds. I do not see it as a fad-but a healtheir way of eating that is better for me.

Still though I am not bikini material!

I wish my daughter would eat healthier! She is not overwieght but she has many other health issues and diabetes is in both mine and hubby's family so she does need to think about what she eats.

I didn't mention it but one of the reasons my son is 'after' me to eat b etter and exercise., altho I am not overweight (well, maybe 5 lbs.s) my sugar level came up high on my annual physical.. so high the dr. has given me pills to get it down :(

I didn't mention it but one of the reasons my son is 'after' me to eat b etter and exercise., altho I am not overweight (well, maybe 5 lbs.s) my sugar level came up high on my annual physical.. so high the dr. has given me pills to get it down :(

I am sorry-that is no fun and it does ruin cruisng a bit-not being able to eat all the "good" stuff-but your son just wants you to be here a long time-

About 7 years ago, I was in Puerta vallarta, and there while I was relaxing on the beach, a 300 pound plus woman in a bikini strolled by.A few people nearby raised their eyebrows incredulously. I could not keep my eyes off of her. I did not find anything wrong with her appearance, but I was in awe at her apparent confidence and ease with her body[by the way, she was also European and not very young]I found myself envious at her self-acceptance and wished I could be more like her. I was 44 years old at the time, in great shape by society's standards,and had not worn a bathing suit since I was 12 years old because of my self-consciousness.

shortly after that, I was introduced to the naturist[nudist] lifestyle. I had agree to go "one time" [ I was assured I did not have to take my clothing off and had no intention of doing so] and within an hour I was "hooked". My perspective on the human body has changed so much since thatr time[though I sometimes feel very uncomfortable in clothing when I worry about whether I am dressed correctly,which i am trying to learn how to do ]I now can see every body as beautiful,and I think you should wear whatever you want. Whatever your size, whatever your age, you are truly beautiful,and if other people can't see that, that is their problem.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived