Overnight in Quebec City?

We are on the Constellation, 13-night Canada/New England next year and will be in Quebec City from 10AM on Tuesday until 11PM on Wednesday.

Looking for any and all suggestions. Thanks! ;)

Quebec has a great nightlife. I suggest you could to the Grande Allée area (lots of restaurants but pricey and some night clubs) The rotary restaurant in the Loews Le Concord Hotel is great for the views and late at night (around 11pm), you can usually go in for only a drink and a desert, don't need to buy the full PRICEYYYYYYYY dinner) or on St-Jean Street area, the latter has more pubs and small bars, I suggest the Chez son Père bar (on a small street up St-Jean-Street (you can see their add from St-Jean if you look carefully) there, you can listen to Quebec singer for an all Quebec experience. I also like the Pub St-Alexandre, HUGE choice of beer and other alcohol. There is also many shops on this street (clothing, souvenirs). If you want to eat in this area, there is many good restaurants and Restorante Il Teatro of the Capitole de Quebec has the best patio in my opinion. It is a pricey restaurant but worth it IMHO, there is other smaller restaurants or pubs were you can also eat. There is also McDonald or Ashton for a fast fix (Ashton is a must if you want to try our POUTINE, ever heard of this? don't order the regular size, it's way too big).

The early dinner at the Ancient Canadian restaurant or dinner itself for Quebecois food.. Stroll around the upper town of the Old City or take a narrated carriage ride.. explore the fortress.. there are several museums open for little or no charge.. for an amazing view take the cheap ferry across the river to Laval and back.. we did this in February and nearly froze our tushes off! Also did in June and enjoyed it more:) . There are lots of neat little bistros and shops in lower town and the funicular is an easy way to navigate.. If you have time you might consider renting a car for an afternoon and heading to Ile de'Orleans and/or Montmorency Falls.. it's so easy to get to from the old city. .. Been there several time.. be glad to answer any questions...

Just a little thing. The ferry is from Quebec to LÉVIS, not LAVAL (Laval being a city near Montreal). No big thing but I thought it could help to have the right city name.

Caroline is right, the fortress (called the Citadelle) is fun, there is various tours and last year, one was free, it was the General-Governor of Canada Official House visit (the other ones were 5-8$ per person if I remember well).

Archived