Voyager Class Ships - difference between E and D balcony cabins?

I'm just about ready to deposit on Navigator, can you tell me if there is a huge difference between category E and D balcony cabins? I'll be on the ship for 14 days and, want to know if it's worth the little bit of difference in price. Thanks.

We've cruised in both and IMO, there is not a huge difference in them. The D cat. usually has a little larger balcony. In the E1, you get more of a love seat. In the D1 it was a couch. Other than that I really couldn't tell a lot of difference.

While the D1 is a larger cabin, I think the biggest difference might be cabin location more than anything else. Last Oct. we did a 12 night med cruise on Brilliance in a E1 cabin and did fine. If the price difference isn't that much, I'll go for the larger cabin. But if cost is an issue then I have no qualms about sailing for any number of days in a E1.

Right, understood, I guess what I'm asking is a few feet...and that's all it comes down to... worth a few extra dollars? In other words, would I even notice? I'm traveling with friends but, will have the cabin to myself. So would you go for the E or D?

Depends on what you want out of the room..

I believe on Nav..An E1 is 185 and a D1 is 202...Enough to make a difference if it is more than 2,not enough for only 2 IMO..

We take E1s if we can get an aft..Great balcony,lower price.

Right, understood, I guess what I'm asking is a few feet...and that's all it comes down to... worth a few extra dollars? In other words, would I even notice? I'm traveling with friends but, will have the cabin to myself. So would you go for the E or D?

If you'll have a cabin to yourself, an E1 will be more than enough space. What is the difference in location of these cabins? That may be more important in determining which to choose.

By yourself..Save the money and take the E..

If you are saying the E2 balcony is the same as an Ocean view and it is on the corner...Grab it.!

I think 7380 is 2nd from the rear,starboard side..Still if its a balcony for the same as an Ov,unless it is obstructed I would take it.

Thanks for the quick reply.

7380 is the oceanview. I don't know what the e2 balcony would be. It is the same (actually $20 cheaper) than the F. I have the oceanview 7380 and like what's around me. I don't want to get stuck under a dance bar or beside an elevator dinging (do the elevators on the ship ding when the open on each floor?).

Ah..you are right.Those two rooms are larger OV..and about 210 feet,quite a bit larger than the avg E

Don't let location stop you from getting a great room..

I have been all over,and actually most rooms are pretty quite.I have been next to the champagne Bar,under the pool,under the dining room.Quite frankly other than once,under a pool area other than a few chairs being moved occasionally when they were being stacked by the crew..That kind of noise has never been an issue.Dining room ellies are usually in the centrum,and other elevators are in their own hallway type area..

You could just as easily get stuck next to a really loud neighbor.

Archived