Cosol vs Frank

vtroper

It seems that everyone has glowing reviews of both Cosol and Frank, but I was wondering if anyone has done both? I'm going to St Lucia in August and trying to decide between the two of them...

• 2 weeks later...
I noticed that Cosol talks about snacks he gets for you around the island, but Frank does not say anything about food. Does Frank also gets food for you as well like Cosol?

He didn't with our group. He did get us a gift, though.

We just got back from our rccl aos vacation... I've enver tried Frank but we reserved our tour with Cosol... and it was awesome. he was on time ...helpful..very informational .. he enjoys what he does, we were a group of 21, 9 kids... he was great i wouldn't think twice whaen we return

to the island... tell him jannette from miami referred you... you wont regret it

• 3 weeks later...

I too toured with Cosol. He was fabulous! I assume that because Frank has as many positive reviews as Cosol, you can't go wrong with either.

Personally, I will go with Cosol or his brother (Yellowbird) everytime I am in St. Lucia. They were awesome and let me personalize my tour.

• 3 years later...

I don't think you can go wrong with either. We choose COSOL.

We prebooked COSOL Tours "Island Tour" at $50 per person plus tip. They picked us up at 8:30am and brought us back to the ship sometime after 2:30pm. What an exhaustive tour (and I mean this in a positive way). We toured most of the island's top sites and stopped for lots of local bites along the way, sampling bananas, mango, papaya, sugar cane, coconut, and lots more. Cold drinks were included (COSOL rum punch, Cokes made with sugar, water, and Piton beer --- a nice light lager. We visited a banana plantation, the Tourielle Waterfall and botanical garden, volcano (sulphur springs), a couple of fishing villages, spent beach time snorkeling at the Hilton Jalousie Beach Hotel whose beach spans between the Twin Pitons, and later overlooked Marigot Bay (where the original Dr. Doolittle filmed). There was plenty of time for shopping at the end of the tour. All of the entrance fees were included. Recommended! Hint: there is a lot of driving along mountain curves with drops and climbs in elevation. If you are prone to motion sickness, sit up front.

More: http://www.lavasurfer.com/info/caribbean-secrets.html

I don't think you can go wrong with either. We choose COSOL.

We prebooked COSOL Tours "Island Tour" at $50 per person plus tip. They picked us up at 8:30am and brought us back to the ship sometime after 2:30pm. What an exhaustive tour (and I mean this in a positive way). We toured most of the island's top sites and stopped for lots of local bites along the way, sampling bananas, mango, papaya, sugar cane, coconut, and lots more. Cold drinks were included (COSOL rum punch, Cokes made with sugar, water, and Piton beer --- a nice light lager. We visited a banana plantation, the Tourielle Waterfall and botanical garden, volcano (sulphur springs), a couple of fishing villages, spent beach time snorkeling at the Hilton Jalousie Beach Hotel whose beach spans between the Twin Pitons, and later overlooked Marigot Bay (where the original Dr. Doolittle filmed). There was plenty of time for shopping at the end of the tour. All of the entrance fees were included. Recommended! Hint: there is a lot of driving along mountain curves with drops and climbs in elevation. If you are prone to motion sickness, sit up front.

More: http://www.lavasurfer.com/info/caribbean-secrets.html

What is the recommended "tip" amount? I've heard anything between $5 USD and $20 USD. I think $20 seems a litttle steep.

• 1 month later...
It was $55 for us in January. We tipped $25. It was the best $135 spent on our cruise!

We were on Cosol's tour last week, we paid $65 per person. There were three of us. The tour was amazing, it was well worth every penny, and would have been cheap at double that price. We tipped an extra $10 per person. Tired, but pleased at the end of the day.

Sharon H.

We were on Cosol's tour last week, we paid $65 per person. There were three of us. The tour was amazing, it was well worth every penny, and would have been cheap at double that price. We tipped an extra $10 per person. Tired, but pleased at the end of the day.

Sharon H.

Did you take a boat to the beach? I've done his tour twice and it is definitely worth the price.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I haven't tried Frank but the first of October we used Cosol and had a great day. The cost was $65 each and included breakfast, lunch, and all the drinks you needed. His tour was very well organized and included all the great photo ops. The water taxi was fun and the beach party was great also. Be careful if you are prone to motion sickness. The van ride has many curves but that's island roads. Loved the Piton beer and entire experience.

Hello All!

This will be our 1st cruise; we leave next month, 11/22. I just found out about Cosol and just may be considering using them as our tour company. How do you contact them? If we pay them after the tour, how are we guaranteed a spot on the van? My husband is concerned about being able to stop at each location to take in view or pics. Does he offer a detailed written list of what’s included in the tour? And I want to know how close do we get to the Pitons?

Thanks in advance for you help. ;-)

Hello All!

This will be our 1st cruise; we leave next month, 11/22. I just found out about Cosol and just may be considering using them as our tour company. How do you contact them? If we pay them after the tour, how are we guaranteed a spot on the van? My husband is concerned about being able to stop at each location to take in view or pics. Does he offer a detailed written list of what’s included in the tour? And I want to know how close do we get to the Pitons?

Thanks in advance for you help. ;-)

Here is the website:

http://cosol-tours.com/tours.html

We contacted him by email and got a very quick response. Cosol gets very good reviews. There are several here on CC with details of the tour. It sounds like a little of everything that the island has to offer. He has seveal vans and will use as many as necessary to accommodate everyone who has signed up.

Archived