Paradise Beach, Mykonos...

Hello,

Can anyone tell me how far Paradise Beach is from the port(on the Mille if that matters). Best way to get there is a taxi I assume...any idea how much for the taxi ride? Any other comments about Paradise Beach are appreciated. Thanksicon_smile.gif

Mike

Mike

Its about 15 - 20 min ride from town. Assuming your ship docks at the small port (some ships still tender) you will be a mile hike out of town or a 5 min shuttle ride. Once in town you can walk to the far side (towards the windmills) and there is a public bus station (ask someone for directions) where you can catch a cheap public bus to Paradise Beach. I don't know the taxi fare (its not always easy finding a taxi) but it should not be more than 20 Euros (might be less).

Hank

• 3 weeks later...

We had an interesting experience getting to and from Paradise beach. We took the ship's shuttle to Plati Yialos beach in the morning and then boarded a caique(?), a small motorized fishing boat that runs regularly from Plati Yialos. This boat took us on the short ride to Paradise. After we were dropped off, we found out the boat didn't return until later in the afternoon and, since we hadn't planned on spending the entire day at the beach, we then decided to walk back to Plati Yialos to catch our shuttle back to the ship. This approx 1 mile walk took us from beach to beach and was quite scenic, however it was very HOT and we suffered a bit!

Paradise beach, as you may know, is clothing optional. They have nice lounges some under straw umbrellas in the shade. It is a nice, secluded beach with a few eating establishments right on the beach. I think its worthwhile.

Enjoy!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by wendyjg:

we rented a moped for 10 euros a day in mykonos and rode out to the beach. if you are up to it, this was a lot of fun!!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

How much did it cost to rent the moped? Also, do you know how old you need to be to ride one? Thanks.

Archived