Ouerto Rico Ideas

sscruising

We will be sailing to Puerto Rico in early Sept. with about none of us. My MIL has Parkinsons & as a result is limited as to what she is capable of doing. She also is extremely overweight. She uses a walker ( the kind with a seat) but is unable to walk any great distance. We want to take a tour that she could maneuver so if anyone has any suggestions, I wopuld appreciate it.

Sandi

hmm, my concern is the streets.. with the cobblestones with someone with a walker.

more information is needed-- are you there for the day? Arriving at nights?? Big difference if you are on a cruise and it arrives after 5pm - most things are closed then like the forts etc. the stores are opened.

Stores right by the pier. Carriage rides are available but dont know if she can climb up to a carriage.

We are arriving on a cruise in the morning. I have been to PR a couple of times so I am familiar with the streets being difficult. What I would like to do is perhaps book some sort of tour at the pier that could give a little info to those in our group who have not been there before. I know for a fact that she would not be able to manuever the streets. We are only going to 4 ports & 2 are tendered so I'd like to be able to get her off the ship & see some sights. She really doesn't care but she is so much fun that I'd hate to leave her on the ship if we can get her off to do something. If a tour is not possible, I'd like get some suggestions on alternatives.

Sandi

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=131

there is a link to stuff to do in San Juan. tours , and stuff to do on your own.

Like I said--there is a nice walking tour where you take a taxi to El Morrow and then walk back.. but being abled bodied will be easier for us then for your aunt.

Im sure you can find something nice there.

There is also a visitor area to the left as soon as you get off the ship.

Archived