Grand Cayman Shore Excursions

polymerpig

We are thinking of doing the GC excursion that includes the Turtle Farm, Hell and Stingray City (offered by Carnival). If anyone has done this one, do you remember about how long you were in each location before moving on?

Thanks

Sorry can't help you with this particular question (per say)... going there this july

But,

I have seen lots of posts on this sorta thing on the ports of call board...

you should repost this question there and you'll probably have better responses...

Good luck

I just come back from there, about a 20 min ride around the island, then first stop at the turtle farm about 30 min or so..In hell, just 10 min, nothing really to see there. The stingray was a 20 min ride or so to the sandbar then about 30 min or so with the stingrays. (You will love love love it)

We are thinking of doing the GC excursion that includes the Turtle Farm, Hell and Stingray City (offered by Carnival). If anyone has done this one, do you remember about how long you were in each location before moving on? Thanks

We did the same thing on Princess. Hell is not worth the time... but you get it anyway. Dumb building, painted up, next to lava rock. :(

Turtle Farm was not what my wife expected. It was great seeing the little guys growing to bigger guys in larger tanks. At the end you get to the largest tanks and turtles, and there she found out they are raise for food and shell, and not for release into the wild :eek: (some are - ~15%)

Stingray City is worth it if you never swam with the rays. It can get crowded (more people than rays) but they move around and you will get plenty of interaction. I attached a picture of our trip when three ships were in.

630877_StingrayCity.jpg.6c9c851ea75a963a4433f361f16e0946.jpg

1582619305_StingrayCity2.jpg.19a3cca553daace21015997730e01200.jpg

We are thinking of doing the GC excursion that includes the Turtle Farm, Hell and Stingray City (offered by Carnival). If anyone has done this one, do you remember about how long you were in each location before moving on?

Thanks

We just got back on the 30th of April from that cruise excursion. At the turtle farm, you are there about 45 minutes. Hell, is about the same - BUT - my husband wanted a hat pin - he collects them wherever we go - they were out of them and he gave the guy at the shop $5 to mail him one - which we have yet to receive! The stingray city was about 2 1/2 hr. but that includes about a 20 min. ride there and back. It seems like, in all, the trip took about 5 - 5 1/2 hr. When you do the stingrays, there will be a guy taking pictures. You won't get the picture right then, but he will promise to send it to you on a CD. The people we went with ordered one and DID receive their picture CD in about 3 1/2 weeks. Hope you have fun! My advise - also take the Atlantis Submarine excursion in (I think) Cozumel. The one that goes 60-100' down. It is wonderful - even for me - the most closrophic person alive and terrified of water. Have fun!

I just come back from there, about a 20 min ride around the island, then first stop at the turtle farm about 30 min or so..In hell, just 10 min, nothing really to see there. The stingray was a 20 min ride or so to the sandbar then about 30 min or so with the stingrays. (You will love love love it)

Was your excursion thru Carnival? Was it with Kirk's (the one that capsized in April)? I am booked on that one and then read about it and a little worried.

forgot to ask a stupid question, but are you suppose to wear water shoes when in with the Rays? We leave Sunday and want to be prepared!

Thanks for any info you can provide!

Archived