What to ask for in AB suite.

disclaimer: I know some will think this request in bad taste, so I apologize.

We are in an AB suite, and comes with concierge and butler. Never having either luxury, I have no idea what to ask for. What are some services that YOU have requested. Did you receive the service or were you turned down. Of course I want to take full advantage of the services, but i don't know the extent. Like, if I can get a back rub just by asking, I'd like to know that.

TIA.:D

:confused:

Ok, well I'm not sure whether you are serious about this question or if your thread is a joke, but, for complete information on what perks are available in suites you can check the (several) other threads pertaining to this subject on this page and the preceding one.

:confused:

Ok, well I'm not sure whether you are serious about this question or if your thread is a joke, but, for complete information on what perks are available in suites you can check the (several) other threads pertaining to this subject on this page and the preceding one.

I'm serious, and I have seen the lists. But I want to know what people have requested that is not on the list, and whether they were accomodated.

One time while on a full port day we asked our butler to have a bottle of chilled wine for us when we returned. It was great. We came back to our suite, tired, to a bottle of wine, with fine wine glasses and finger foods set up for us on our table.

You can ask for anything that meets your desires(within reason!!)

disclaimer: I know some will think this request in bad taste, so I apologize.

We are in an AB suite, and comes with concierge and butler. Never having either luxury, I have no idea what to ask for. What are some services that YOU have requested. Did you receive the service or were you turned down. Of course I want to take full advantage of the services, but i don't know the extent. Like, if I can get a back rub just by asking, I'd like to know that.

TIA.:D

You can ask for ANYTHING you want.

We usually ask for a pitcher of tomato juice & lemons for Bloody Mary's. Pina Colada mix for afternoon drinks (we bring the Magic Bullet blender). Large plastic glasses to take on deck. Potato chips and popcorn.

You can have anything you want for breakfast in the cabin. Dinner from the main restaurants. I screwed up our order for dinner for 5 people and the butler went to all the restaurants to get what I had ordered and he even apologized for the mistake and it was MY mistake.

We asked for 5 large tablecloths to use as diapers for our Martini Clinic joke on Eka (bartender in the Star Bar).

You're gonna have to go to the Spa for the back rub though.

You will be treated royaly. Enjoy the pampering. Don't be shy, ask for what you want.

Happy Sailing,

Monty

One time while on a full port day we asked our butler to have a bottle of chilled wine for us when we returned. It was great. We came back to our suite, tired, to a bottle of wine, with fine wine glasses and finger foods set up for us on our table.

You can ask for anything that meets your desires(within reason!!)

Did you have to pay for that?

We have been in mini suites on all our previous cruises and so we have never had a butler. I have no idea what is ok to ask for and what is rude to ask for. Of course I plan to tip him or her very well but can I say we would like to have wine glasses and snacks always available? I know we can get breakfast delivered but can we ask to eat it on the veranda? I plan on going to the spa for my massages LOL but can I ask the butler to locate a chess set for our son who loves to play chess on the veranda?

For some of us we have no idea what a butler intails, I have a bad back, can I ask him/her to try and get me memory foam pillows and mattress toppers? ( on princess our room steward did that but I have never been on ncl) The lists I have seen just say you get a butler and a concierge and that the concierge will make reservations for you but not what the butler does.

Starfamily ~ yes, you can have your breakfast out on the balcony, but it's really not that big. Yes, you can ask for pillows (not sure if they carry them on board - but your butler will everything in his/her power to get them for you). You can ask for snacks, drinks, food, DVD's (2 in the suite). The entire cabinet section of the "dining area" is filled with different size glasses at all times. We ordered the bar setup ahead of time and our butler, Lani, made sure we were always stocked with fresh ice and limes (and milk for our DD who was 2 at the time). There was only one request that she couldn't fulfill for us (only because of the language barrier which wasn't bad). I needed bobby pins for my hair on formal night and I called her to see if she could get them from the salon for me and she just didn't know what I was asking for. No worries, though, I called the salon and asked if I could borrow some and they were happy to oblige.

We LOVED the AB on the Dawn. We hope to go back there for our family reunion cruise next summer (still trying to convince a few folks).

Happy Sailing! :D

We have been in mini suites on all our previous cruises and so we have never had a butler. I have no idea what is ok to ask for and what is rude to ask for. Of course I plan to tip him or her very well but can I say we would like to have wine glasses and snacks always available? I know we can get breakfast delivered but can we ask to eat it on the veranda? I plan on going to the spa for my massages LOL but can I ask the butler to locate a chess set for our son who loves to play chess on the veranda?

For some of us we have no idea what a butler intails, I have a bad back, can I ask him/her to try and get me memory foam pillows and mattress toppers? ( on princess our room steward did that but I have never been on ncl) The lists I have seen just say you get a butler and a concierge and that the concierge will make reservations for you but not what the butler does.

There are no memory foam pillows but there were mattress toppers on the Spirit. I would plan on bringing a travel size chess set as I'm not sure there would be one available for use in the room. Unless, of course the butler "borrowed" it from the game room. As far as the snacks available all the time, wow, the food is so abundant everywhere that we even had trouble finding room in our stomachs for the twice delivered automatic snacks. At about 4-5:00, you will be given a plate of canapes and then in the evening, a sweet snack will be delivered. There is just so much food. Click on my link to see the pictures of these wonderful treats.

I once mentioned to Anshuman, our butler, that I missed the chocolate chip cookies that they used to serve in the afternoons near the pool and the next day a large metal tray of chocolate chip cookies, still hot from the oven, was left in our room in the afternoon. I miss that man!

We used our butler quite a lot on the Star, you can literally ask for anything you want and if he/she can't do it they will either find someone who can do it or let you know if its simply not possible. We asked for a fresh pitcher of Orange Juice in the cabin at all times, had him deliver breakfast twice, quite a few afternoon snacks, DVDs, etc. He was absolutely amazing. We love being pampered by our butler when we go on our cruises.

We did bring the wine on board. I guess my point is that you can ask for a simple request and then the butler takes it from there to make it special. I actually found this true through out the cruise. The butler on his own seemed to figure out our likes and dislikes and did the extra special touches without asking....

For example, I like to drink tonic water.. After a few days he realized that all the soda was not touched with the exception of the tonic water. One day I opend the frig to find all the soda gone and replaced with all tonic water!! It was thoes contant unspoken touches that we so much appreciated.

This was our first cruise with a butler, and he just kind of came with the suite!! It would not of been something I would of purchased alone and was a little uncertain that I would like it. It turned out to be a really fun experience. It is kind of hard to explain, but it was great. We are cruisng on the Crown in July with a butler again. When I told my husband, who really is low maintenance, that we will have a butler again, he was thrilled

When you get served for dinner in the suite, does the butler bring the courses separately (so hot foods stay sort of hot) or are the dishes brought all at once the way room service typically works?

When you get served for dinner in the suite, does the butler bring the courses separately (so hot foods stay sort of hot) or are the dishes brought all at once the way room service typically works?

Either way, it is your choice. On our Jewel Med cruise last week, we had several dinners in our Courtyard Villa - one evening we arranged to have dessert brought later (quick call to Maxi and it was quickly delivered with Lattes) and on another evening we had everything brought together.

We also wrote in an earlier time for our breakfast service to better fit our tour schedule and each time we were accomodated.

In terms of what can be asked for, I believe just about anything. When we were on the Jewel last week, Royalty from one of the Middle Eastern countries ( I think Saudi Arabia) was staying in one of the Garden Villas and members of their party were also staying in courtyard villas and penthouses through out the ship. They had arranged to have breakfast, lunch and dinner served daily in the Concierge lounge for 30 members of their party. I have to say that they kept Ruth and Maxi busy.

Archived