NanD - Where Are You?

SandyMc

Hope all is well with you and that you haven't given up Cruise Critic! Just wanted to say goodbye - at least for now. Off to find our next cruise - I have so missed the excitement of knowing another cruise is just around the corner.

Maybe we will cruise again together - on a line that will make us feel like we should have felt on Celebrity. I won't give up on letting them know how I feel about their treatment of those of us on Mercury 3/17 but, as other posters have pointed out, we obviously don't have a corner on the complaint market on this board so will just leave it to others now.

I won't give up on letting them know how I feel about their treatment of those of us on Mercury 3/17 but, as other posters have pointed out, we obviously don't have a corner on the complaint market on this board so will just leave it to others now.

Personally, I think you did an admirable job and you are leaving this Celebrity Board in tatters split between the apparently blind loyalists and those that are able to see through Celebrities smoke screen.

All you have to do is look at some of the recent threads of the loyalists asking that negative posters stay away, or the ones seeking reassurance from their buddies that those who complain really have no basis to do so. Perhaps the most revealing threads are those from the recent Summit cruise. It is incredible how these people who were not on the cruise are so quick to condem those who were less than satisfied with their experience. I suppose that it is no different than those people who ridiculed you for speaking out about your experience on Mercury.

I am of the opinion that these loyalists deserve each other and should be left alone to cruise amongst themselves with Celebrity. It should come as no surprise that their numbers are declining on a daily basis and that it is clear to many that Celebrity is not up on a pedestal as they would like us to believe.

Hi Sandy~ We have been busy...out of town for our grandson's 1st communion, and now trying to get organized to depart this weekend for the summer at our lake house (L. Champlain) in Vermont. I hope you find a cruise for next time that you'll enjoy very much; it is fun to plan. Not sure what we'll be doing. The Mercury experience and Celebrity's response/reaction are now part of the learning curve and will be weighed into any considerations. Good luck.

Nan

Nan,

do you drive all the way up 87 or do you take 91 up?

Just curious...I'm from that part of the woods MA/VT border and I went to school in Albany.

Have fun

Dave:eek:

p.s. still waiting for a reply to my second letter:(

Hi Dave~ Our place is on the lake about a half hour north of Burlington. We go up 87...sometimes all the way to the Canadian border and come back around the top and south.... and sometimes exit about an hour from Albany and use smaller roads that follow the east side of the lake north. As you know, it's a beautiful part of the country. We're glad to finally be at a point where there's time to spend the whole summer there. As for Mercury, I imagine you will hear back from them regarding your letter at some point. They have their hands full at Celebrity these days.....it's definitely been a "rough patch" for X.

Nan

FinelyCruising~ Thank you for the well wishes and kind sentiment. I'm sure to continue to be around from time to time; we seem to be in a constant state of research regarding cruises....and planning is half the fun.

Nan

Archived