Double Billing

Scotty1

Just a note of caution, I had made an open onboard booking deposit and my credit card was correctly charged the $1,000. However, I noticed on this months credit card statement a second charge from Seabourn for $1,000. I called Seabourn and talked to reservations (who only showed one charge), they checked with the billing folks who had indeed made a second charge of $1,000 when I converted the open booking to a "real" booking.

So if you've made an onboard booking deposit and have converted it, you may want to check your credit card statement for a duplicate charge.

Scotty1,

This scared me, so I did some research on it. It turns out it was a simple human error, not anything systemic. A mistake in keying in the booking number, actually. The fact that you were converting the booking from an onboard one didn't really have anything to do with it, except that it happened during that process.

bgood

Don't know what is going on because I have just tried to apply my onboard credit to the cruise I'm in the process of booking. The TA (in America) contacted Seabourn with all my details (I had forwarded him copies of my onbaord receipt) and Seabourn said that because I made the deposit in Australian dollars they would credit the $1,000 back to my credit card. (my receipt showed my address in Australia).

The onboard booking was make in US dollars and it was made with a US credit card. Second our bank has been taken over by another bank and the card we used has been replaced with the new banks card.

It is just a little thing and I'm sure it will get sorted out but it does make me wonder if it's worth making an onboard booking if it is a hassle to get it applied to your next cruise.

Archived