Legend 8A to 8I Upgrade -- How Meaningful?

Leo Jay

We're booked for an 8A Balcony Guarantee on Legend in September. It seems that today, they're offering a free upgrade to 8I. I'm not clear if there's much of a difference -- slightly bigger balcony I guess -- anything else? Any reason NOT to upgrade? Thanks for any insight. :confused:

Read the fine print in Carnival's offer. You may/may not qualify. If you do, it'll be same size cabin. You'd be "closer to the action" [a higher deck]. Downside....there can be more "motion of the ocean" during rough seas

Most of the time it's just a higher deck but if you look at the difference in price normally you'd pay a substantially higher price to book that cabin outright without the sale. I love the higher decks so for me it is an upgrade.

We booked an 8A guarantee on Victory in 2003. Shortly after they offered a free upgrade to 8E but we decided to gamble and see what we ended up with by sticking with the guarantee. Got an 8C which was the exact same size cabin just on Verandah deck as opposed to Panorama (different class from Legend.) It was a wonderful spot to be in so it didn't matter a bit. Just in the back of my mind I had that little niggle that said hmmm we could have had the more expensive (but identical) cabin for the same price. Warped thinking I know:D .

In my view, as long as you don't care which category 8 you end up with, stay with the guarantee and gamble on going higher than 8 but tell yourself that you're likely to end up with less than 8I and then you won't be disappointed. If you love the idea of being on the highest deck, take the 8I now.

Well, they offered me 6232, which is near an elevator (which is worse, elevator traffic or a neighbor? Crapshoot, I guess...)

On the upside, as far as I can tell from the deck plans, it seems to have an enormous balcony -- not that that makes much practical difference with only two people anyway, but...

Anyway, I took a gamble and went for it. They said I could still change my mind without penalty before final payment.

What say you? Any former 6232ers around?

Well, they offered me 6232, which is near an elevator (which is worse, elevator traffic or a neighbor? Crapshoot, I guess...)

On the upside, as far as I can tell from the deck plans, it seems to have an enormous balcony -- not that that makes much practical difference with only two people anyway, but...

Anyway, I took a gamble and went for it. They said I could still change my mind without penalty before final payment.

What say you? Any former 6232ers around?

Grab it. This room has a balcony that is nearly three times the size as a normal one. I read up on this room and did not hear anyone mention any problems with it(noise from elevators).

Yes, we took it! That balcony is enormous. I heard a rumor, though, that couples can be bumped from those rooms if a group of four needs it? Seems unlikely, after they've definitely assigned it to us, but...

In truth, I actually do feel a tad guilty at the idea of four or even three people making do with a smaller cabin while GF and I enjoy our palace purchased at the balcony guarantee rate. But I suppose I'll get over it. :)

• 2 weeks later...

We got a similar deal for the Legend in February. 8A upgraded to 8I - and I was able to snag an aft cabin - 8277, I think.

We prefer being on the higher decks - closer to the action, no need to wait on elevators, etc.

I'll be anxious to see what you think of the Legend after you sail. We are REALLY looking forward to the Legend, because we LOVED the Pride.:D

Enjoy your upgrade ;)

We had the same offer on the Liberty and turned it down. We have a cabin nest to the Cat. 11 and 12 and the cabin they were offering us was up high forward. I preferred to be more midship and surrounded by cabins and not common areas. It really depends on which cabin they're offering. Good Luck.

• 3 months later...
We got a similar deal for the Legend in February. 8A upgraded to 8I - and I was able to snag an aft cabin - 8277, I think.

We prefer being on the higher decks - closer to the action, no need to wait on elevators, etc.

I'll be anxious to see what you think of the Legend after you sail. We are REALLY looking forward to the Legend, because we LOVED the Pride.:D

Enjoy your upgrade ;)

Loved it. Wasn't crazy about it at first, because I was comparing it to Triumph, but now I think I definitely prefer it to Triumph. We were very fortunate with the balcony we got.

my.php?image=09030656bc7.jpg

http://img247.imageshack.us/my.php?image=09030656bc7.jpg

Archived