Is this 1 day sale driving you crazy???

Stacylee

I have been online ALL FREAKIN DAY trying to come up with the best deal and itinerary for me and I am going to go mad:( !!!

I have gone back and forth between the Glory (Western - and it goes to my beloved Key West); Victory (Eastern) and Valor (Mexico, Belize and GC).

I absolutely cannot make up my mind on cabin type - some give you an upgrade to an obstructed view OV or a good view.

Is it better to just call Carnival from home tonight? Are they easy to work with? Oh, and I don't have a brochure or computer to reference once I get home tonight. I have always done this myself or used a TA and I feel like I am under so much pressure - WAAAAAAA:eek: . HELP :o

I have been online ALL FREAKIN DAY trying to come up with the best deal and itinerary for me and I am going to go mad:( !!!

I have gone back and forth between the Glory (Western - and it goes to my beloved Key West); Victory (Eastern) and Valor (Mexico, Belize and GC).

I absolutely cannot make up my mind on cabin type - some give you an upgrade to an obstructed view OV or a good view.

Is it better to just call Carnival from home tonight? Are they easy to work with? Oh, and I don't have a brochure or computer to reference once I get home tonight. I have always done this myself or used a TA and I feel like I am under so much pressure - WAAAAAAA:eek: . HELP :o

Just call multiple times and ask token questions of various PVPs, when you finally get someone who seems really knowledgeable, have them walk you through your options and the entire process. I wish I could give you the name of a certain helpful PVP, but the moderators would ban me. :(

If you are considering the Glory for it's stop in Key West, you better check before you book as they are planning to take that stop off the itenerary. I heard that the reason is that they dock at the Navy base and all passengers have to be taken by tram through the base and it takes too long to transport everyone in and out of town. Call Carnival and talk to a PVP, most of them are pretty knowledgeable.

Yes, I am looking at Nov - any week but Thanksgiving.

Darn about Key West!!! I have done the Western and Eastern before so I am just looking for some ports I have never been to - Belize and Roatan.

As long as the ship stays far, far, far away from Jamaica it is all good I guess.:D

C'mon and join us StacyLee! We are going on the Valor November 26th out of Miami. Only 6 months to go! :-)

Here is our roll call:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=275357

As you can see I am new to all this--but getting addicted. I just LOVE figuring out how to plan the cruise and what to do! SO MUCH FUN!!!

Holly :D

As long as the ship stays far, far, far away from Jamaica it is all good I guess.:D

:( I LOVED Jamaica...all 3 times! Everyone I met was fun and friendly, and Dunn's River Falls is one of my absolute favorite places!

Please tell me you've at least been there before. I hate for people to have negative views of a place they've never even experienced!

Yea.. but if the price is good, and it's what you want, why wait? A lot of sailigns have rates going up. And if this sale does what carnival hopes it does, after this week inventory will be down, which means 4/5 weeks from now, prices up...

C'mon and join us StacyLee! We are going on the Valor November 26th out of Miami. Only 6 months to go! :-)

Here is our roll call:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=275357

As you can see I am new to all this--but getting addicted. I just LOVE figuring out how to plan the cruise and what to do! SO MUCH FUN!!!

Holly :D

Are you a "little bit" afraid of the hurrican season predictions?

Hurricane's are not a big concern to me - at least not in Nov.

I was on cruises in the Atlantic DURING Hugo and Andrew, my first 2 cruises and I am still going :D . Once my little feet hit that deck we are home free.

I WAS planning to book last minute like I did last year - wait until Aug when the season is in full swing, then book for Nov. I got an incredible deal that way. Right now I am so indecisive I may just do that again.

:( I LOVED Jamaica...all 3 times! Everyone I met was fun and friendly, and Dunn's River Falls is one of my absolute favorite places!

Please tell me you've at least been there before. I hate for people to have negative views of a place they've never even experienced!

Perky blue - yes, I have been there 3 times (one time for a WHOLE week).

On the last cruise that included Jamaica, we did a snokel tour right from the dock - which was fine. But I insisted that she walk onto Jamaican soil so she could say she went there:eek: .

After traveling to so many other beautiful places, I have found that are other islands that are just as pretty and make me feel much safer. Dunns River is very pretty, but once was enough.

Thank you perkyblue, you beat me to it! I love Jamaica and cant wait to go back.

One Love:p

Guest YesitDonna

Our cruise has stopped in Jamaica 5 times annd we don't like it either. We were just there two weeks ago and went to Margaritaville. That was withine walking distance and that was ok. Even though we got asked about 10 times in that short walk if we wanted a cab. Ummm didn't you just hear us tell the guy 3 feet from you... NO? LOL

The first few times I booked a cruise I shopped on line but the last two I've called Carnival and told them what I found on line and they've beat it every time. We just booked our first seven day, first balcony on the Prom. deck!! I emailed my guy this last time to say when to call and that we were ready to book. He called just when I asked. Good luck

Just call multiple times and ask token questions of various PVPs, when you finally get someone who seems really knowledgeable, have them walk you through your options and the entire process. I wish I could give you the name of a certain helpful PVP, but the moderators would ban me. :(

That's exactly what I did a few weeks ago when I booked our latest. It took three tries before I got someone that sounded interested and knew what they were talking about. We had decided to book two 1A guarantees just to do a summer cruise as inexpensively as possible. Yesterday I called her back and told her I'd heard about a past guest promo and she looked and didn't even hesitate to credit us $120 per cabin and move us to two 4G cabins which is Panorama deck. She was excellent.

Archived