shuttle from miami airport to seaport

kathylee

If my memory serves me correctly I think I remember a cab ride to the port area from Miami airport being approx $25.....
You are correct; last summer a taxi was a flat $21 (plus tip) from the airport to the cruise terminal. I think I've read where it has went up to about $24.

That is the quick and easy way to to get there. If you do the Carnival shuttle you might have to wait until it fills up before it leaves.

John

We sailed out of Miami on the Victory last year. You could get a Taxi from the airport to the port for $21 flat rate per taxi plus tip. I understand the rate is up to $24 now. There was for of us and they got us a van taxi for us and our luggage. We stayed the night before at the Holiday Inn port. Which is real close to the port and cost us the same. Rather than waiting on one of Carnival's shuttles I would take the taxi.

TripletDad.

The Carnival shuttle is $10 one way or $20 round trip and must be booked through your travel agent. We booked through an online agency and we had to call them and have them set it up. It was easy.

Thanks for the info. One more question, Any suggestions on alternate parking if driving to Miami? I know that the pier parking is 12.00 a day, just wondered if anyone has parked in another location at a better rate. Thanks for any suggestions!!

The Carnival shuttle is $10 one way or $20 round trip and must be booked through your travel agent. We booked through an online agency and we had to call them and have them set it up. It was easy.

10.00 sounds very cheap - (but you can buy shuttle tickets at the airport-jsut look for the carnival reps in the baggage claim areas)

but for 2 people taking a cab is the cheaper way.. for one you will arrive at the port with jsut the two or you--taking the shuttle you arrive enmass with about 80 other people- that will probably be in line in front of you.

Taking the cruiselines shuttle you have to wait til the bus gets full. So if you are jsut arriving when one jsut left--arghh

10.00 sounds very cheap - (but you can buy shuttle tickets at the airport-jsut look for the carnival reps in the baggage claim areas)

but for 2 people taking a cab is the cheaper way.. for one you will arrive at the port with jsut the two or you--taking the shuttle you arrive enmass with about 80 other people- that will probably be in line in front of you.

Taking the cruiselines shuttle you have to wait til the bus gets full. So if you are jsut arriving when one jsut left--arghh

Serene's right. If you're traveling by yourself, take the shuttle. If there are two or more people in your party, take a taxi. And there will be cruise line representatives in the baggage claim area asking if anyone needs the shuttle - not only will you be able to buy a transfer there, but they also have extra bag tags if you need them.

The shuttle itself is a Greyhound, and if you get the same driver I did, he'll point out sights of interest as you travel through Miami. He'll also expect a tip - one or two dollars should be sufficient.

Archived