Your Help and Expertise are N.eeded

dmk

This situation has never happened to me before. Perhaps one of you could give me your thoughts.

I booked a Sunset Veranda cabin on the New Revitalized Centrury. There are only 5 and on my cruise they are all sold out...so the prices are not available anymore. But I did notice that the category one up from an SV, concierge class, is now on sale for cheaper than I paid for the SV.:cool:

I know I could call Celebrity ask about an upgrade to Concierge but I really would like to try these new AFT SV's. So do I grin and bear it or is there something else I have overlooked besides the upgrade.:rolleyes:

I think it just depends on what's important to you -- The aft room or saving money with the CC perks? Personally, the CC perks aren't important to me, but saving money would be -- depending on how much the savings is. If the perks sound wonderful to you and you can forego the benefits of the aft veranda, go for it.

DMK - when I recently booked my Tahitian cruise, I chose an aft cabin - and then had to advise if I wanted to accept or decline the option of an upgrade to a Mini suite if the 'upgrade fairy' chose us. I declined as I too have been wanting to try an aft cabin with a larger balcony, and thought with my luck I would get 'upgraded' to a M.Suite in a terrible location.

Are there any more thoughts on this? I'd really appreciate your suggestions:D

This is a good question that I've actually pondered. We booked the SV on a Century cruise for next year with some friends booking the others. So we know they will not drop the price. I think if it was on the M class ships, and if I could get one of the "secret" cc cabins (the ones with extended balconies), then I would switch. However, it seems that on the Century refit, none of the cc cabins will gain any extra balcony space, so they will all be pretty much uniform in size.

Since the SV is bigger, we will stick with the SV. I do like the cc benefits, but the extra room and trying the SV aft for the first time will be really nice.

Now, having said that, if there was a SIGNIFICANT price reduction (this is a pricey cruise we picked), of say $800 or more in the difference, I may reconsider.

Clear as mud? :D

joelmarj:

A little OT.

Do you not find it strange that the SV's with the extra space and aft balconies were not made into cc. Instead a whole new category was made for them. I keep wondering what is it that I don't get. Is there something about SV's I didn't consider or am I just in luck because Celebrity decided to make them cheaper than cc.:rolleyes:

Hi Dmk !

It is real hard to comment on the SV's, as the cabins have not been seen or occupied as of yet. I am sure there will be some comments on them, once Century comes out of Drydock.

I happen to like Concierge Class very much. If all things were equal, I would probably take CC Class over the SV Category. Of course, once I have had a chance to see and hear more feedback about the SV's, I may feel differently.

Archived