Luxe Hotel Rodeo Drive

gypsyrose48

Any comments will be appreciated.

gypsyrose48

Any comments???? Are the Princess boards this cluttered with non-cruising topics all the time? I have been lurking here for over a month and find an excessive number of posts not specifically related to cruising with Princess. Even if this is a hotel related to a cruise, there is a specific forum for that.

Just wondering, only have spent much time on the Royal and Carnival boards. There, now you have my comment.

I live in SoCal but have never had experience with the Luxe Beverly Hills. But Rodeo Drive is very high end so I can't imagine it would be bad. Also, the Luxe brand puts out a high end hotel. It says on their website that they just finished a 15 million redo of that hotel. The reviews on tripadisor are mixed and it's rated 13 out of 15 Beverly Hills hotels... doesn't sound that great.

There is another boutique hotel in Beverly Hills called the Mosaic Hotel. I only know about it because one of my doctor's office is across the street. Where as the Luxe is in the center of B.H., the Mosaic is at the western edge of B.H. but still close to all the B.H. trappings. Looked on tripadvisor and it's rated #3... and posters say lots of good things about it.

Good luck... Sandy

I'd advise staying somewhere other than Beverly Hills. Rodeo Drive is interesting to go wandering around in for a few hours, but there's really not all that much to do in the area. Beverly Hills (especially at night) is really rather dull and boring. There's shopping, and there are restaurants. And that's about it. Besides, those who want to mix and mingle with the true upper class in Southern California don't do it in BH, so if you're looking to schmooze with locals you won't get the experience there.

There are much more enjoyable places to stay at in Southern California - I'd suggest looking at a more coastal location if you really want to have a good time. Santa Monica is a great place, for example.

Archived