Foreign Currency Caribbean

crazee4cruzin

Is it beneficial to carry Eastern Carribbean dollars and Dutch Antilles currency while visiting the islands that use this money? I realize the US Dollar is accepted but I don't want to be short changed or overcharged. I am thinking credit cards are my safest bet, but I'm not sure about taxis and retailers who do not accept credit cards. Thanks.:rolleyes:

Is it beneficial to carry Eastern Carribbean dollars and Dutch Antilles currency while visiting the islands that use this money? I realize the US Dollar is accepted but I don't want to be short changed or overcharged. I am thinking credit cards are my safest bet, but I'm not sure about taxis and retailers who do not accept credit cards. Thanks.:rolleyes:

most do everything in US dollars. No reason to carry anything else. JMO

If you change US$ to local currency, you'll then have to change anything leftover back to US$. You'll spend what you save in exchange rates. I'd plan on using credit card (where you have protection) for anything of value and US$ for incidentals and small purchases.

I have never see an Eastern caribbean dollar or a Dutch whatever. And if I did I probably wouldn't recognize it. :confused: Dollars are widely accepted. ;)

Archived