Stoopid Kwestion #674: Lighting on Balconies

Leo Jay

You people are useless! :mad:

Especially, you Vincenzo. Clearly there will be troublemakers on MY cruise... in 22 days!

(And as of a few minutes ago, 15 work days)

I'm going to Target this afternoon anyhow, I'll see what I find.

Yes, lightening can be a problem on a balcony as it is in any open area on the ship. In the old wooden ship days you were pretty much left with the option of wearing lead underwear. In the modern metal hull ship era you can protect yourself with hanging onto the railing or the bulkheads. You might still get a pretty good Afro but at least the voltage should pass through you and into the ocean without much more damage.

Oh! You said lighting. Nevermind.

Leo,

I really wanted to redeam myself today after all the goofy sugestions I made yesterday. So today I am looking for real, not just for you, but also for myself. We also have a balcony. So for starters...

S4H-SL-520.jpg

http://www.safety4home.com/default.asp?SID=xP3GP64T33LQ5ZJDPYYJA3&S=503&A=E&PKV=S4H-SL-520|0

I would actually love something like this, it's probably not too bright:rolleyes: ,

But I think they look cool...

Mini-String-Light-Lanterns-L20.jpg

http://www.oogalights.com/ProductInfo.aspx?productid=L20

Leo - Let me know what you found at Target.

vincenzo:)

In all seriousness...if your balcony light is disabled in order to prevent interference with the bridge, wouldn't any light brought onto the balcony by pax just defeat the purpose of disabling said balcony light? :confused:

For Leo and I, we are on the aft end so I doubt any lights would affect the bridge, unless we go with my first suggestion. But that is a good point for anyone near the bridge. No SPOT LIGHTS!

vincenzo:)

Might I suggest a dual purpose light? Can be used on the ship, and then at certain clubs with dancers and poles and such after your cruise

Hey AVC, I have one of these. It really works good.:D Told the wife it was a "diving light".:eek: Took her a minute, then she slapped me. No sense of humor. Ours worked the whole cruise on the Miracle too, but we were aft. On the Spirit class some of the balconies are recessed in from the side, maybe those are the ones that worked??

Jess

These Lights work great but you will prob need extra batteries half way thru the cruise. I use these as night light for my son's room.

http://cgi.ebay.com/LIGHT-BATTERY-POWED-CLOSET-TAP-ON-TAP-OFF-SEALEDPAC_W0QQitemZ200013607167QQcmdZViewItem

I actually had one like this in my hand on the way to the checkout at Target last night when I decided it wouldn't work. I figured that since they're designed to be on for only a few minutes at a time, I might end up changing the batteries every day. But if yours lasts for hours at a time, maybe I was wrong. If I can find them in a .99 store, maybe I should take one home to test it.

I actually had one like this in my hand on the way to the checkout at Target last night when I decided it wouldn't work. I figured that since they're designed to be on for only a few minutes at a time, I might end up changing the batteries every day. But if yours lasts for hours at a time, maybe I was wrong. If I can find them in a .99 store, maybe I should take one home to test it.

Chek out this Thread, they say it is not allowed and the room steward will remove balcony lights.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=395199

:mad:

The absolute last thing in the world that I would want on my balcony would be a light. I have no idea if any of my previous balcony lights ever worked because I never tried.

And why would you want your balcony to be dark?

Inquiring minds want to know

"And why would you want your balcony to be dark?"

Wink wink, nudge nudge. Say no more!

Well, not to spoil your fun but....

It's peaceful & relaxing.

The ship itself and/or the moon give off just the right amount of light.

I love to watch the ocean at night.

I did bring 2 battery operated candles once for when SO & I had our dinner served on the balcony.

Did i mention that I love to watch the ocean at night?

Well, not to spoil your fun but....

It's peaceful & relaxing.

The ship itself and/or the moon give off just the right amount of light.

I love to watch the ocean at night.

I did bring 2 battery operated candles once for when SO & I had our dinner served on the balcony.

Did i mention that I love to watch the ocean at night?

Reads like a Cialas ad.

Archived