Summit-May 7

magmagee

My husband and myself were on the so called ill-fated cruise. In spite of all of the problems we managed to have a great time. The passengers who were complaining made the situation uncomfortable for those who were trying to make the best out of an unfortunate situation. Hats off to the crew who were able to continue to give the passengers first class treatment. It could not have been an easy job with so many grumpy people on board. We have sailed with Celebrity three times and we have always ended our vacations feeling like we could not have had a greater experience. The Hubbard Glacier and inside passage problems were just another bad luck situation that came up. I have to say that I knew before we booked that cruise that there was a possiblity that we might not get in to the glacier because of weather or ice. As far as the passage goes, Celebrity had no control over the amount of fog. It was very thick. When we sailed at 5pm there was still enough daylight to enjoy the scenery. I think most of the angry guests were just so mad they were not going to enjoy anything. I hope Celebrity gets through these few set backs and can put all of this bad luck behind them. We will sail with them again. This was our third cruise and inspite of what happened we did not let it ruin our trip through God's country. Magmagee

Magmagee,

You have a wonderful attitude. While I have no clue if I would have been as generous as you, I'm sure I would have still enjoyed the cruise. I might have been very disappointed about the Glacier which is truly a site to see, but form the Inside Passage was pretty, but not the be all and end all. As a matter of fact, when we sailed the Inside Passage it was the last day of the cruise and its was Snowball Jackpot Bingo. There were more people playing bingo then watching the Inside Passage. Bingo also ran very late and did not get out until 5:30 PM. So......again a cruise is what you make of it.

My only concern is Summit continues to "break down". I think it's had the most problems out of the 3 M Class ships that are affected.

The ship seemed to be in good shape. We were on the 9th deck and we had a balconey. Maybe the couch had some wear and maybe it is time soon to do some redecorating but overall the room was clean and very comfortable. Can you please respond and let me know if you got this message. This is my first day and I am not a computer wiz but I got this far and I just want to make sure you got my message. Thanks. Magmagee

Archived