Is this normal? Leaving tomorrow - no cabin assigned yet...

timsterino

Hi all,

My wife and I are leaving on the Fascination for a 3 day cruise tomorrow. Because we do not care about the bed situation, we booked a 1A Guarantee. We just booked this last week.

We received our cruise documents today and they have no secret number, just TBA after the booking number and the Bon Voyage site still says GUAR. So obviously a cabin has not been assigned yet.

Is this normal? Is the fact that a cabin has not been assigned yet a good or bad thing? This is our fourth cruise but the first time we did the guarantee.

Thanks for your responses,

Tim :-)

Previously cruised on:

Ecstasy Western - May 1992

Dolphin IV Nassau - March 1995

Costa Atlantica Western - February 2003

Booking a guarantee that late you may very well be the ones that end up with the 1a. Hard to say but please come back after and let us know what you ended up with. Have you tried going into your funpass, then pretending to purchase a gift and scrolling down to see what's in the cabin # box?

Booking a guarantee that late you may very well be the ones that end up with the 1a. Hard to say but please come back after and let us know what you ended up with. Have you tried going into your funpass, then pretending to purchase a gift and scrolling down to see what's in the cabin # box?

Yes, I'm curious to see what you end up with. Have a great cruise!

Yes, I have been doing that. It still says GUAR. I will come back on Monday and tell you what cabin I ended up with.

Thanks again,

We are leaving on Sunday for the Pride. We also have not been assigned our room yet. We received our docs about 1 month ago and reserved a couple months before that. I have heard that it is not unusual to not have an assignment before crusing on this ship. Anyone else know about that?

I do not know what a 1A category is on Carnival but booking a gurantee w/o assigment means that you will be assigned a cabin that is no less than a 1A category. If there are no 1As available you will go to the next higher category level until a cabin is found...I know peopler to book inside guarantees and actually end up in an outside suite...so good thinks can happen but you will be a category no less than the one you took the guarantee on...

But less us know what happened...

Because a manifest must be done your cabin is probably already assigned - there is just no way for you to see it.

Is this norm?? because you only booked less a month away the answer is yes.

When you get to the pier ask the porter for the manifest. He can then tell you your cabin number- dont give up the luggage until your tags are securly in place.

Check the fun pass the day before ya leave and see what it says.

Casi- your cabin has been assigned. Especially iIf youbooked a few months ago. Your cabin will always say guarantee coz things change up til sailing. Have you looked on the back of the sign and sail page in your documents- on the bottom look for your booking number- right after that will be a cabin number. This is the only place the number will be.

But be aware that it can change.

Yes, I have been doing that. It still says GUAR. I will come back on Monday and tell you what cabin I ended up with.

Thanks again,

Forgot to wish you a great vacation! Safe travels to you.

Hi all,

We just got back and I wanted to post a quick update before taking a nap. We ended up being upgraded from 1A to 4A and ended up in R299 on the Fascination. I was glad we got the two beds together.

We really had a great time this weekend. All of the negative reviews of the Fascination make it seem like a ship falling apart with bad service, this is hardly the case. My wife and I had a great time. I would highly recommend this ship to anyone. It was a great weekend!

Thanks again for all of your tips, suggestions and best wishes!

Archived