POH formal nights questions

Dulcidog

We are going on our first cruise June 19th. I have some questions about freestyle dining and formal nights. I understand there is always 1 and possibly 2 formal nights. Is there a way to find out in advance which nights those will be?

Also, we purchased the romance pkg which includes dinner at Le Bistro. We would like that to be our "formal" night. Will we be overdressed if it is not on an official formal night?

If we were planning on eating at say Cagneys or the Italian place as one of our more casual nights, will we be underdressed wearing "resort casual" if it is a formal night?

I understand the formal night concept on other cruise ships, but this freestyle dining thing has me confused. We are planning our activities and need to schedule our dining in specific restaurants for specific nights.:confused: Can someone help me figure it all out?

Oh, and another question. I know this sounds dumb, but I have a medical condition and can't eat very much at one time (just a few bites at a time), but I do eat every hour or so. Do they allow you to take food out of the specialty restaurants? A great big meal is wasted on me unless I can eat the leftovers an hour later.

Thanks!

KD

Freestyle's dress code means that you can choose to dress up whichever night(s) you wish. You will see people dressed up every night regardless of whether it's been designated as an optional formal night. Conversely, if you opt for resort casual dress on a formal night, you won't be alone either. I would estimate that maybe 25-33% of the pax dress up on formal night. It's really up to you. I am almost certain that you won't feel out of place regardless of what you do as long you meet the minimum standards of "resort casual".

As for scheduling your dining, once again that's up to you. There's no need to do so unless you have a specific preference for one of the specialty restaurants, which require reservations. If you're dining in one of the main restaurants, you simply show up when you want to.

Archived