Miami Trains to Orlando

Hello, i am on the maiden Freedom Voyage, and have 3 nights post cruise in Miami,

i am from England, but wolud like to take a Day trip to Orlando,

Are there any trains that go from Miami to Orlando and back,

there are hotels offering these day charters to Orlando but they are on buses but the journey time is long,

if there are trains, any web addresses would also be appreciated, Thankyou.

would like to point out that is not first time to Miami or Orlando.

:) :) :) Next cruises,

4th June, Freedom Of The Seas, (maiden Voyage)

14th November, Voyager Of The Seas, (Transatlantic crosiing)

Are there any trains that go from Miami to Orlando and back?

there are hotels offering these day charters to Orlando but they are on buses but the journey time is long,

I love trains, and use them all the time in Europe and the Northeast Corridor in the U.S., but for this trip my advice is to either take the bus charter or rent a car. There are only two trains a day, leaving Miami at 7:15 AM and 8:50 AM; the first takes 5 hours & 26 minutes, the second a mind-boggling 7 hours & 31 minutes. The return trains from Orlando depart at 10:31 AM and 1:10 PM. The distance is only 235 miles, and you can easily drive it in 3 1/2 hours. The roundtrip fare is about $75 and the Amtrak web site is: http://www.amtrak.com/servlet/ContentServer?pagename=Amtrak/HomePage

Thanks for info on trains to Orlando, yea i found the Amtrak Website and found the Very long Journey times, (UNBELIEVABLE!!!) But i thought they wernt showing correct times, but you have proved me right, thanks.

I found a website about an Express train using the French Tgv's, but i read somewhere they would not allow it to operate,

Anyway i will probably end up on a bus for several hours if i decide to go.

Next cruises:) :) :)

4th June Freedom of the seas, (maiden voyage)

14th November, (transatlantic crossing)

Unfortunately, the Amtrak service to/from South Florida is notoriously unreliable and with only 2 trains a day, you'd probably be arriving in Orlando just in time to catch the southbound train back to Miami.

Several years ago, the voters here in Florida voted to amend the State Constitution to require the State to construct a high-speed rail system between the major cities of Florida, but due to the enormous cost and the subsequent economic downturn after 9/11, it never came to pass & the amendment was repealed last year. Pity, it would have been awesome.

Archived