Soda Ok?

Hi there, we leave on the Legend in 2 days (Yippie!)

Last night my wife (who is a fussy diabetic) went to the store and purchased a 36 pack of Diet Pepsi (She does not like Diet Coke) and when she got hom she slapped one of thes Carnival Luggage tags on it and said she was going to bring it to the porters as luggage.

She says since there are 4 of us in our party that it is a reasonable amount of soda to bring.

Will this be ok? Has anyone done this before?

Yeah, my family and I have done that, but we brought a small extra suitcase for gifts and stuff and put the soda in there. Though, as we were getting off the Victory last time, one of the cans exploded in our suitcase, so it was good thing we weren't going to the airport until the next day. we cleaned it up at the hotel. LOL.

I don't think they'd confiscate it if that's what you're asking. I'd be more concerned about the cans or bottles exploding. The checked luggage is more or less thrown into a cage-like metal crate. I'd recommend getting a soft-sided cooler (one that can collapse) and putting the soda in that and checking it. Your room steward will usually keep the cooler full of ice if it's there which would be a nice bonus, plus at the end of the trip you'd have the cooler as extra space for souvenirs or liquor purchases.

Guest YesitDonna

I wouldn't advise doing that. Your luggage will be left outside your door when it arrives. You never know who might come along and decide that they too like diet Pepsi!

If you hand it to the porters with a luggage tag on it....it will be tossed around with all that luggage, and most probably spew all over the place! Might just ruin many other passenger's luggage!:eek:

A better idea would be to hand-carry it on board with your other carry-on luggage. Put it in a grocery bag if you must, or in a smaller piece of carry-on luggage. Whatever. Just don't 'check' it with a porter.

I've seen many passengers board with a 12 or 24-pk. in their hands, or in bags. No biggie at all. That amount will certainly be ok to bring, if there are four of you.

We take all our drinkables in this. The one we have holds 72 cans. I think we bought it at sam's club, but have seen them elsewhere. Mine is colapsable to stow in your cabin and is great to take home souviners in once the drinks are gone.

We will be on the Legend a year from now! Write us a trip report when you get back.

Jacquelyn :D

How do you handle this if you're flying. We're flying into Vancouver. I figured we could buy some sodas and water there. I really would hate to purchase a soft-sided cooler large enough to hold this. It would probably be cheaper just to purchase a soda card.

We had an extra suitcase that we put the collapsed cooler, then went to the 7/11 to buy drinks. Then used them for all the Alaska souviners (we won't get there too often from GA!)

Still cheaper than a soda card!

Jacquelyn :D

Archived