Zuiderdam - October 21, 2006

denbev

We're fairly young cruisers (39 and 37) and took our first cruise (Eastbound Transatlantic) on the Brilliance of the Seas in May 2005. We've been eagerly awaiting our next cruise ever since.

We've recently booked the Zuiderdam for October 2006 and are wondering whether anyone has recently cruised on the ship and whether they can comment on the ship post dry-dock in December 2005, particularly the level of upkeep and cleanliness. I presume all the soft furnishings will now have been replaced.

We were also wondering whether the disco is any good during the evenings. We loved the Brilliance, but the nightlife was a bit slow.

Our favourite place on the Brilliance was the Champagne Bar for pre-dinner drinks and hor d'oeuvres, does anyone know what would be the closest equivalent on the Zuiderdam?

We can't wait to sail again and are really looking forward to trying Holland America.

Howdy denbev!

Welcome to Cruise Critic and the Help Forum! 04.gif

I fully understand your need to know more information regarding the Zuiderdam. However, you have posted on the Help Forum where members ask for help on how to use the board's software. This is not the place for your type of post and the information you seek. 05.gif

To help you out, I am moving your thread to the HAL Forum where it will be on topic. I'm sure your fellow Cruise Critic members will be able to help you there.

Sincerely glad to have you aboard Cruise Critic and thank you for stopping by the Help Forum!

042202_1319_92_prv.gif Happy trails to you... 042202_1319_92_prv.gif

Kat 50.gif

My wife and I are close to your age. We're also sailing on the Zuid same itin in Jan 2007. We're 36, 43, and 41, but bringing our mom's...

We specifically choose HAL over NCL-RCI-PRIN, because in my exp HAL has a refined elegance, be it the dress codes, superiour food n service,

trad assigned seating/times, that our 'older' moms enjoy. This is a 'generality' also espoused, right or wrong, by the likes of berlitz, frommers, CC, etc, that HAL/X are the superiour cruise lines of that tier, etc...

With that, (and I hate to be the bearer of bad news), in my opinion, HAL attracts an older clientale than RCI. On our European sailing in the Med on Oosterdam, we were either the youngest people on board, or felt that way (lol) and the disco was really only made up of crew past Midnight.

However, the boards here say, that of all HAL ships, that by design, the Zuid attracts a slightly 'younger clientale', so you may luck out..

jc

Archived