Cozumel Food and Drinks - any problems?

joelsmith101

[quote name='joelsmith101']Anyone have any of the famous mexican intestinal problems from eating/drinking at any of the beach restaurants or bars. Is their ice purified? Thanks.[/QUOTE]

No problem with anyone in our family when we were there. In fact, we're going back for a the week before Christmas. I plan on eating at lots of different places.

Have Sailed to Cozumel 4 times, never gotten ill from eating or drinking, but I try to go to the restaurants and bars at the port, or downtown (ie: Carlos and Charlies), not the mom and pop places. Like Colonial said, wash your hands, (esp if you have been swimming in the ocean ) and if you have a compromised immune system (ill,) elderly, pregnant or very young it is best to play it safe and eat where the ship recommends it being safe (just ask the cruise director staff)

[b][size=3][color=darkslategray]Sampling the local cuisine on each island I visit is a [i]huge[/i] part of my cruising experience, and I have yet to succumb to any intestinal problems.[/color][/size][/b]
[b][size=3][color=darkslategray][/color][/size][/b]
[b][size=3][color=darkslategray] I think most restaurants have the purified water, and the ice is made w/purified water in one icehouse and distributed to the restaurants. (I read that somewhere on these boards.):rolleyes: [/color][/size][/b]
[b][size=3][color=#2f4f4f][/color][/size][/b]
[b][size=3][color=#2f4f4f]I wouldn't stop at a little taco stand in the middle of nowhere, but I've never hesitated to have a meal in any of the restaurants in MX.[/color][/size][/b]

Archived