Now we know why they have been so quiet about the Crown Princess...

bstrauss3

I, like Koolzip, am on the inaugural cruise and didn't think it was so funny, although honestly speaking if I were not going on this cruise I would have. This speaks to the apprehension we all have about taking a cruise without any information of what to expect.
I don't think you should be apprehensive about taking the Crown's inaugural cruise. Most of the crew will be experienced staff, having been transferred from other Princess ships. Everything will be new and you'll be the first to use it. If there are glitches, and there will be some, just let the appropriate person (Pursar's Desk or Maitre D) know and they'll fix it.

What should you expect? A great Princess cruise.

SO well done that, by the time I got to the part about assembling the furniture, I was thinking, "D***, I just knew Martha Stewart was gonna be more than just a poorly chosen godmother!"

What a relief to get to the disclaimer at the end. You are so right - "What WERE they thinking?"

Thanks for a really good chuckle.

Hello Burton, You have an amazing gift. Were you able to create that story with or without a martini in hand? I understand Martha will have signature cocktail on board the Crown Princess. The Marthatini . The potatoes used in the vodka were grown at her Maine estate. It will be garnished with a potato peel hand woven in the shape of a life preserver. Certain to become a collector's item.

Best regards,

Ken

Crown Princess 8/16/06

Bet she learned her potato craft when she had so much ``time'' on her hands.

I'm sure it must be a good thing.:rolleyes:

Dianne

I laughed and laughed at your post but not until i realized it was a joke! I was getting excited about IKEA being involved. I love that store!!!! I am so gullable! My son works for IKEA and I almost called him on the cell phone before finishing your post to say to him - "WHy didn't you tell me that you and Princess had teamed up?"

thanks for the laughs!

So, do we get to board on June 14th at 9:00 AM or not?

We arrive at JFK at 6:30 AM that morning and were thinking of hanging out there until later in the morning when traffic is lighter, but since we can get on the Crown at 9:00 AM and take a nap...HEAVEN!!!

Thanks again!

LVScooby: Wake up and smell the parody.

I know *NOTHING* beyond what everybody else knows. I haven't even seen my tickets yet (they're in NY). Usually boarding time is disclosed there.

What do we know?

(1) We've been told - here on this board - that there are two travel agent familarization cruises before ours. So it's very likely that the Crown will act like a normal ship on turn-around day.

(2) We also know there will be some sort of naming happenings. If ANYTHING, this makes it less likely that they will let you on before the announced time - they will have a bunch of VIPs running about.

-----Burton

I hope you don't mind if some of us copy it and use it in emails' date=' other boards, etc. This was great![/quote']

Sure - just keep the copyright notice and disclaimer (that reduces the chance that I get sued).

-----Burton

I think poster's reactions will depend on if they are on the first cruise or not.

I, like Koolzip, am on the inaugural cruise and didn't think it was so funny, although honestly speaking if I were not going on this cruise I would have. This speaks to the apprehension we all have about taking a cruise without any information of what to expect.

Um... I'm on that sailing too.

What was *I* thinking - oh, 90% that I had come up with something funny enough to share with y'all and 10% that maybe P might actually have to release some info to combat the spoof...

So, by all means send it to your TA's!

-----Burton

I have to admit it - you had me until the part about choosing which child you liked better. Very witty and a great laugh - and so close to the 'real deal' that it took a while for my dim bulb to go off! Thanks!!

I got so excited to read anything about the oh-so-secretive Crown and actually fell for it until you had passengers assembling their own furniture. (I have sailed on Inaugurals so I know better.) The truth is I was actually upset to even think the ship was decorated in Ikea so I'm glad it's a joke. But props to you for getting it out there and giving all of us info-starved fans a laugh!!

Thank you!

That was funny, but all of you who were fooled until the end obviously missed the line in the beginning where they call her a "stock market diva." No way would Princess use that language as I'm sure Martha would be offended by it. Frankly, my suspicions were up even before that as I couldn't believe Princess would partner with Ikea as that would show questionable taste. Then again, the choice of Martha...:eek:

Archived