Swimming w/ the dolphins on a Princess tour...

RisaNGnR

Can anyone describe the swimming w/ the dolphin tours on Princess? In Cozumel Mexico? Can you explain if you were allowed to take your own pictures...did they take professional pictures, how long do you really get to swim with the dolphins and would this tour be suitable for someone who has a back injury? She would just swim with them not have them pull her and such...

Thanks.

I think if you look at the photos DW took of the kids while they did the dolphin swim, you might have some of your questions answered.

Dolphin Swim photos

But in case they don't, here ya go"

You can take your own photos.

They also take "professional" photos, which they are happy to sell to you after your swim, video too. DW was happy to buy all the photos and the video.

I think she said the kids were in the water with the dolphins for around 20-25 minutes.

Would this tour be suitable for someone with a back injury, I wouldn't care to make that judgment. Perhaps the snorkel and swim might be better than the royal swim, or maybe even the less expensive Dolphin Encounter.

There is so much controversy about these programs. If I knew then what I know know I would pass on it altogether.

Snorkeling at Chankanaab park is great, for example.Dzul-ha has had some very good comments also.

These encounters are very tightly scripted from my one experience doing the swim.

Archived