POLL: Coffee quality onboard the Princess Fleet

scots

Princess Coffee: Do you or do you not like the current onboard coffee options?  

194 members have voted

1. 1. Princess Coffee: Do you or do you not like the current onboard coffee options?

• I would prefer onboard coffee be provided free
    • I am willing to pay for a good cup of coffee
    • I would prefer a particular brand of coffee to be served on board
    • I would like Princess to discontinue the syrup coffee and provide fresh brewed shipwide
    • For any other coffee concerns, please email scotscruisers@hotmail.com
    • I like the Princess coffee just the way it is.

Thanks for your comments. I am in contact with the Hosts to see how I can amend the poll.
Probably the best thing to do is to start a new poll (that is once we've gotten agreement on what the selections should be).

:D

Someone who has already voted cannot amend their vote afterwards (even though new choices have been added to the poll).

That sounds good to me. There is nothing you can do to the present Princess offerings of coffee that could change my mind. It still is gawd awful:eek:

I bring my own coffee pot (single cup Black & Decker) which works out very well. I bring some zip locks to put the grounds in (one cup per day)

and put them in the trash. So already they are throwing out grounds in the trash, and I am sure I am not the only one. ;)

Maybe Princess could keep all the grounds in separate trash bags and then turn them over to countries that can use them in gardening and farming

see: http://www.pioneerthinking.com/sa_coffeegrounds.html

Hmm that is an interesting point...if people want the brewed stuff enough to pay for it, or they want it for free? Imho, if I'm going to pay I want PREMIUM stuff, not just folgers in a can. If it's free, I'll drink whatever, just add more cream. What I really WANT is fresh brewed high quality stuff for free all over the ship :D

Hmm that is an interesting point...if people want the brewed stuff enough to pay for it, or they want it for free? Imho, if I'm going to pay I want PREMIUM stuff, not just folgers in a can. If it's free, I'll drink whatever, just add more cream. What I really WANT is fresh brewed high quality stuff for free all over the ship :D

Sounds like you’re looking for a premium cruise line.

I can tolerate the coffee the first part of the week, but that tolerance declines and then I switch to tea. Only problem with the tea is that the water is not hot enough. Overall, I deal with it. For me it's not worth lugging coffee making equipment, and I really don't want to pay more for a cup of coffee. Bottom line, it's fine as is. I personally would not like to see Princess planting any franchises on the ship. The Haagen Daz stand is already too much for me.

An interesting note about polls:

When I was getting my undergrad, I also completed courses to receive a "Nonprofit Management Certificate"

Part of my coursework was learning to create, administer, and decifer polls. It is NOT as easy as it might appear. One word can throw off the results.

In this case, the poll seems geared toward wanting a particular answer. While I agree that Princess coffee is nasty stuff, :eek: , I also think we can work a better poll to get the results.

I have left comment cards, I have openly complained to waiters, etc, and personally I don't think anyone cares. As for disposing of the grounds, I can't see the difference between that and the lobster shells we all leave on our plates. No one is complaining about the "pollution" in those....

As for disposing of the grounds, I can't see the difference between that and the lobster shells we all leave on our plates. No one is complaining about the "pollution" in those....

I wouldn’t think disposal of the grounds an issue. I would think keeping coffee flowing for 2000 people more of an issue. That and how it stored and prepared. It’s one thing to brew a pot of coffee for a few people, but keeping enough handy for a ship load – when that ship is at sea and there’s a whole bunch of logistical issues that go with it – is another story.

I fully encourage everyone to write Princess with your suggestions for better coffee, but be careful what you ask for – payment may come along with the better blend.

Archived