Norwegian Jewel - Cabins, can you hear your neighbours?

:) I was wondering if anyone had any comments on the Ocean View cabins of the Norwegian Jewel, particularly how some of them interconnect. Is there an open door / sliding door mechanism to allow the rooms to interconnect for larger occupancy? Can you hear the guests in the neighboring rooms?

My wife and I are on the Cruise on the 23rd July with our 6 year old daughter.

Thanks for your help

Mr J - Chester, Great Britain

I am not quite certain how the connecting doors are set, but I can assure you we heard nothing from any neighbors on the Jewel last fall. The only time this has been a problem, or should I say, only 2 times: on the old Sky we had connecting rooms and could faintly hear the couple next to us when they were visiting with friends: it certainly didn't keep us awake or bother us. The second time was on Zenith and these were not connecting rooms. Last Dec we could carry on converstaions with the couple next to us: they were friends thank goodness. NMnita

I am not quite certain how the connecting doors are set, but I can assure you we heard nothing from any neighbors on the Jewel last fall. The only time this has been a problem, or should I say, only 2 times: on the old Sky we had connecting rooms and could faintly hear the couple next to us when they were visiting with friends: it certainly didn't keep us awake or bother us. The second time was on Zenith and these were not connecting rooms. Last Dec we could carry on converstaions with the couple next to us: they were friends thank goodness. NMnita

Thanks for your comments, we were just a bit concerned that our 6 year old may have trouble sleeping if you could hear noise from the neighbouring cabin.

Jewel and Dawn...we have always been in connecting but never heard a sound.

On the Dawn this year, we were under the bridge and heard one of the crew's "squeaky" shoes every night during the night.

I did think of sending up a new pair of shoes;)

Archived