candy and chips on board?

missingmexico

• 2 weeks later...

I know this isn't what you asked, but I'm offering my .02 anyway. For what you'll be charged on the ship for candy bars, etc, it's probably cheaper to buy your favorite candy bars at home at your local grocery store on sale & stow them in your luggage. For the chips, depending on what ports you go to, you may be able to get them off ship & bring them on. Just be aware, don't snack & bring a partially eaten bag of chips on board - if the crew sees you get on board with OPEN packages of food, it may be confiscated. (Sealed packages are fine!)

But, With all the great food available on board, I don't see how you'd even MISS candy & chips! :D

Though, on my 1st cruise, a friend was used to having popcorn at home several nights a week while watching TV before going to sleep. Halfway thru the cruise she was really missing it & mentioned it to us at dinner. We privately spoke to the maitre d' & found out that the CREW on that ship had fresh popcorn they could buy in the crew area. He asked if if we were interested - we would have to pay cash, since that's the only way the crew could purchase it - & we said sure! So, for about $2, plus a tip, one of the waiters went to the crew area, purchased the popcorn & brought it to our friend's room! SO I guess you can miss your favorite snacks on board ship - even if there's lots of other stuff to choose from!

Sha

Archived