Carnival Liberty Excursion Advice

Slotnut

Hi all,

My husband, son, and I have booked a 12 day Mediteranean Cruise for our 25th Anniv. leaving in two weeks. We've been trying to find reviews on the excursions offered by Carnival and they seem far and few between. We have prebooked two excurssions 1)Mt. Vesuvius & Pompeii 2) Taormina & Mt. Etna. Has anyone been on these excursions and if so would love to hear some feedback. Also any information on the other ports would be appreciated. These are Dubrovnik, Venice, Barcelona, and Livorna.

Thanks

Wendy

Hi! While I haven't sailed the Liberty, I have been doing lots of research for our Freedom Med. cruise next year. A lot of people booking the Freedom have been on the Liberty in the Med. In fact, one of our group members is disembarking tomorrow, having done it last year as well!

Have you looked at the ship reviews here from last year? (The prompt for this is found on the "home" page)

More timely, perhaps, would be the information you can find on the "Europe" forum on the Ports of Call board (go the "boards" and scroll almost to the bottom.)

I understand from what I've read, Dubrovnik and Barcelona are pretty easy to do on your own. I've been to Venice, and it is very easy to do on your own.

In preparation for our group cruise, I've set up threads pertinent to each port (some the same as yours, some different, as we are doing the eastern Med.) at http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=397 Feel free to have a look-see. Maybe something there will help, although there is little or nothing on Carnival sponsored excursions.

If you have any specific questions, I'd be happy to put my two cents worth in!

Enjoy your cruise!!

I took the Taormina and Mt. Etna trip last August. I loved it. Taormina is such a fantastic place...and the day I was there a heavy metal group was setting up to do a concert in the ancient amphitheater. Talk about study in contrasts! I keep a postcard in front of me on my computer desk. As for Vesuvius and Pompeii... I did the Pompeii, Sorrento & Capri trip and loved it too. Loved it enough to book the Freedom in 2007!

Those are the exact two tours I booked on the liberty for July. I am glad you were very happy with both of them. Do you have any other details you can share with me... lunch, bus ride, crowded being on a Carnival tour, etc?

I would love to hear a little more detail so I can tell my dh!

I guess they were both very long days, but it sounds like the time was well spent. Did you make it back for the 6:15 dining?

Thanks in advance!

Archived