Live from the Valor!

jerseygirl3

I noticed the time difference, too. We sailed on the Valor - Western in May and also had the Miracle with us at most ports. At Costa Maya we discovered their ship time was an hour different from ours. I guess that's why they say to never ask the time from someone at a port or from another ship . . . even if it's another Carnival ship. I still don't understand why the Miracle was on a different time than we were, though.

hi

Hi girl !!! YOUR FInally on the VALOR !!! Thats Awesome !!!, Don't forget to hit the Fish and Chips today !!!

Have a wonderful time, I Know you will enjoy every bit about the Valor.

Fred

Hi jerseygirl3,

Sounds like you had a teriffic time. Congrats to your grad. Were also on the Valor 6/25 taking a high school grad on a cruise along with 3 others besides me and dw. I have 2 questions: Did you get tendered at every port and did you stop at all the scheduled ports? DW heard the Valor skipped Cost Maya on the past few cruises. Not sure if this is true or not! Thanks

Hey girl, I'm so glad you are experiencing what I did on that awesome ship. I guess the crowd you get no matter what ship you go on is hit and miss. I been so lucky so far and even lucky with our table mates.

Go up and have an Ice Cream cone on me !!

Jersey Girl

I made the connection last night on the ride home, I think that the boys I met on the ship were yours. I was on the same flight as you (I was with my best friend and we were the ones who were on standby) I was the tall red head, my name is Jessica. I meant to exchange emails with your sons but never got the chance, my email is hooper_313@yahoo.com pass it along if you can, since we live so close it might be fun to hang out. Glad to hear you had a blast as we did also!

I'll be writing a review to post soon but am too tired now!!

Jersey, Thanks so much for clarifying. I'm going to have to contact the dive operator we are using in Cayman to make sure we will make it (or they will at least wait for us). We are supposed to be there by 8 a.m. local time. They are only 5 minutes walking distance from the tender port. Do you think we can make it if we show up early to Ivan and BEG???

jerseygirl -- THANK YOU. You explained that in language I understand about the time, LOL.

Post your review!! I can't wait to read it! Did y'all have good weather?

Pictures are also welcome. it's very hard to concentrate at work this week, imagine that...:rolleyes:

Ash, the weather was nearly perfect. Had a rain shower and overcast in Costa Maya, but otherwise the weather was great.

Hi girl !!! YOUR FInally on the VALOR !!! Thats Awesome !!!, Don't forget to hit the Fish and Chips today !!!

Have a wonderful time, I Know you will enjoy every bit about the Valor.

Fred

We made it to the Fish 'N Chips. The fried oysters were fabulous. A thousand times better than the ones we had on Liberty. And the sushi bar was great too.

Hi jerseygirl3,

Sounds like you had a teriffic time. Congrats to your grad. Were also on the Valor 6/25 taking a high school grad on a cruise along with 3 others besides me and dw. I have 2 questions: Did you get tendered at every port and did you stop at all the scheduled ports? DW heard the Valor skipped Cost Maya on the past few cruises. Not sure if this is true or not! Thanks

We tendered at Grand Cayman and Belize. Yes, fortunately we made it to every port. You don't have to tender at Costa Maya, but I have heard that some ships have skipped it because it is difficult to dock when the seas are rough. That dock is pretty long, I think about 200-300 yards. There is a tram going back and forth, though, for people who have trouble walking (or are just lazy!LOL).

The tendering process was not a problem at all. You go to Deck 5 outside the Ivanhoe Theater and they give you a sticker. I think the longest we waited to be called was in Belize, and that was about 10-15 minutes. The tender ride takes about 15 minutes.

Jersey Girl

I made the connection last night on the ride home, I think that the boys I met on the ship were yours. I was on the same flight as you (I was with my best friend and we were the ones who were on standby) I was the tall red head, my name is Jessica. I meant to exchange emails with your sons but never got the chance, my email is hooper_313@yahoo.com pass it along if you can, since we live so close it might be fun to hang out. Glad to hear you had a blast as we did also!

I'll be writing a review to post soon but am too tired now!!

Hi, Jessica, yes the boys did mention you and your friend when we saw you at the airport. They said they met you on the ship. I'm so glad you made it on standby (although the flight didn't wind up leaving too much sooner than your original flight!). My other son, Bryan, was on a flight to Chicago and he tried to get on an earlier standby at 1:30 and couldn't. So he boarded his original 3:15 flight only to wind up sitting on the plane at the gate for 3 hours! They had just boarded the plane when those storms hit, and they had them sit on the plane all that time.

I will definitely pass along your email address to the boys.

Jersey, Thanks so much for clarifying. I'm going to have to contact the dive operator we are using in Cayman to make sure we will make it (or they will at least wait for us). We are supposed to be there by 8 a.m. local time. They are only 5 minutes walking distance from the tender port. Do you think we can make it if we show up early to Ivan and BEG???

Adam, I think if you show up at the Ivanhoe Theater as soon as they start handing out tenders (7:30 a.m.), they will let you through. But I would contact your dive operator just to be on the safe side. But we didn't rush and we were still off the ship by about 8:15 a.m.

Hi, Jessica, yes the boys did mention you and your friend when we saw you at the airport. They said they met you on the ship. I'm so glad you made it on standby (although the flight didn't wind up leaving too much sooner than your original flight!). My other son, Bryan, was on a flight to Chicago and he tried to get on an earlier standby at 1:30 and couldn't. So he boarded his original 3:15 flight only to wind up sitting on the plane at the gate for 3 hours! They had just boarded the plane when those storms hit, and they had them sit on the plane all that time.

I will definitely pass along your email address to the boys.

I know our original plane only ended up leaving an hour and a half before ours, but fortunatly because we got on the earlier one my dad could pick me up and take me right to Jersey rather than staying at my friend's apt in Philly. That's a shame about Brian's flight, the only thing worse than waiting for a plane at the terminal, is sitting on the plane waiting.

I agree that the dininig room service was lacking, we were in the same seating as you, maybe is was because we had the latest seating, but our server was pretty grouchy, the food came out really slow and the bar waiter was no where to be found. It wasn't the worst thing in the world but it did take away from the dinner experience, Esp. because the rest of the ship had such great service.

• 2 months later...

jerseygirl3

Just left Roatan; awesome day. The weather has been perfect. Our kids did a canopy zipline (booked our own) and we visited the orphanage and took a tour of the island. They charged $35 pp for the zipline and $15 pp to have a driver take us all over for the day. We got off the ship as soon as it docked at 11 a.m., and got back to the ship around 4:30. We set sail at 5:45.

Did you just grab a cab/taxi once off of the ship for this price? How many were in your group? This price sounds wonderful!!! Thanks

Jerseygirl, can you, or anyone, tell me more about your trip to the orphanage? I hear so many people say they go there. How do you get there? How far from ship? What did you do there? Did you bring supplies for them? How long are you there? Any info would be really helpful. We are going to Roatan in Feb. and our 10 year old granddaughter will be with us.

Jersyergirl

I would also love to hear about your experience at the orphange..We are going in Dec. and had planned a stop there if possible. Was there anything that was particularly needed in the way of supplies?

Also would love to hear more about the ziplining tour.I told my family that we would go but I am scared to death of heights! Can you tell me how high up you were ? We had read that the ones in Roatan were the best .

Thank you for sharing your vacation with us!

:)

Archived