Balcony on Serenade

First of all, I am new to the board so bare with me. I would like to know if anyone knows what deck and where the lifeboats are located on the serenade? I will be booking a balcony and don't want to be looking down on a lifeboat or any other balcony. Which deck and where would be the best balcony to avoid these two senario's?

Nancy

None of the cabins have a view of the lifeboats. That being said, if you go all the way forward, get a cabin on the hump, or on the stern then there will be no view of the lifeboat cover. The balconies on deck 7 extend to the edge of the lifeboat covers, but half of the balcony is open to the balconies above and the balconies to the side.

Lifeboats are on deck 5. I remember because we went along deck 5 to the bow to go up to the helipad. We only had an outside cabin, so I don't know more about the balconies.
Hi Michelle :) QueenBee is a good friend of mine, please watch out for her from the baddies ok :) Let me know if there is trouble on the race thread my Nal Pal :)

None of the cabins have a view of the lifeboats. That being said, if you go all the way forward, get a cabin on the hump, or on the stern then there will be no view of the lifeboat cover. The balconies on deck 7 extend to the edge of the lifeboat covers, but half of the balcony is open to the balconies above and the balconies to the side.

Speaking of this, I am booked in one of those forward balcony cabins, and noticed ( thru pics & such ) that there is an opening between balconies with only a half glass wall. Has anyone had a problem with this such as other people poking thier heads around the wall to look in. I think it would be great to have the balcony door open in the evenings before or during sleep, but this makes me concerned about the safety issue.

Thanks

Debbie, I just knew you would reply to my post. Thanks again for the help, you are truly a good friend, we must sail again soon!!!

Nancy

Welcome, QueenB Nancy! Any friend of Ziggy's is a friend of mine!

I am sure you will enjoy Cruise Critic!

Hello, I am just off the Serenade and we had a balcony cabin on Deck 7. It was awesome! Having the lifeboat covers below us was not a concern at all. As far as the hyped "hump" cabins, I would not want one. They offer no privacy. When I would look out over my balcony, I could see everyone in their hump balconies. But if I was sitting back in my chair, no one could see into mine. I guess if you got the one balcony that was the furthest out, it would be okay.

Archived