Duct Tape, Collapsible Water Bottles, Hi-lite Pens, Anything Else?

mahreeya

alcohol pads

Anbesol

baby wipes

baby powder

back pack

bandaids

bathing suit cover up

bathing suits

batteries

Benadryl for allergic reactions

binoculars

bottle sleeve/bottle carrier

bug spray/wipes

bungee cords

Business cards printed with names and email address (to give to new friends)

cameras (disposable, waterproof, digital, charger) - Mark Camera with name

check book

cell phone and charger

clothesline

clothespins

collapsible cup

collapsible cup

conditioner (hair)

cotton swaps

cotton balls

credit cards

Croakies for eyeglasses

daytime clothes

dental floss

deodorant

dollar bills for tips to room service, sky cap, luggage handlers

downy wrinkle releaser

Downy Wrinkle Release,

dresses

dryer sheets

duct tape

emery boards

evening bag

evening clothes

extension cord

extra contacts

extra contact solution

eye glasses

Fabreeze

facial toner

facial cleanser

Fan handheld battery (they REALLY come in handy during muster drill)

fanny pack

fish food

flash light

frisbee or kite

hair gel

hairspray

hand sanitizer

Hemorrhoid medication

high lighter pens

HOLE PUNCHER

insulated travel mug

insulated lunch bag

iron

Iron on tape

itty bitty book light

jewelry

Kaopectate

LANYARD OR CORD TO WEAR AROUND NECK with room key

lavender pack and/or oil (to help sleep)

Laxative

Lomotil for Aztec two-step

Lysol

makeup

mesh bag for laundry

moisturizer

money

Neosporin

night light to keep in bathroom; the rooms get really dark at night

nighties

notebook

pack of playing cards

pants

Paperback books

pen

Pepto bismal tablets

plastic clothes hangers

plastic basket small (really helps organize if there's no vanity drawer)

pool toys

post it notes

Post it notes

pre cut sheets of aluminum foil

Preaddressed postcard labels and return address labels

prescription drugs

Q tips

rain ponchos

reading material

reading glasses

room freshener

shampoo

Shoe bag - Over the door

shoes

shorts

Shout stain wipes (spot remover wipes)

skirt

sneakers

stamps

Stapler (small)

Suction cup hooks

sun block

sunglasses

swim shoes

swim float

Swiss Army Knife

Toilet seat covers

Toiletry bag

toothbrushes

toothpicks

tops

Travel Documents

Travel steamer (small)

Travel alarm clock that lights up

tweezers

Tylenol

underwear

watch on key chain

water proof carrying case thing that goes around your neck

water bottles

wine bottle opener

Witz box to keep money, boarding pass, credit card, etc. in while ashore

Woolite (small bottle) to rinse bathing suits

ZIP lock bags - 2 gallon size for wet clothes, dirty clothes. Press all the air out and seal.

ZipLock bags (small for digital camera in one to prevent condensation

DID I MISS ANYTHING???????????????????

Ok here is the list that was on page 4. I got some of the things on the list. I thought I would mention what I liked and used. I will post this first then reply again.

alcohol pads handy to sanitize door knobs, phone... also will take out stains

baby wipes

back pack also I had some totes that I would put in the back pack to carry the things I bought while in port.

bandaids a must

bathing suit cover up

bathing suits

batteries

binoculars

bug spray/wipes we hit a port we needed them.

Business cards printed with names and email address I wish I had done mine up. We were given several from the friends we made. They had their pictures on their cards.

check book

cell phone and charger We were able to use this in several ports. It was helpful when we were shopping and we needed to meet back up.

conditioner (hair)

cotton swaps

cotton balls

credit cards

dental floss

deodorant

dollar bills for tips to room service, sky cap, luggage handlers

dryer sheets

duct tape

emery boards

extension cord

frisbee or kite

hair gel

hairspray

hand sanitizer Some of the places you really wanted to be able to sanitize your hands before you ate anything.

high lighter pens

hole puncher I used this to punch holes in our card. You do need to watch out some of the ships puch holes for the kids to show they are underage for drinking and so on.

lanyard to wear around neck with room key I love the lanyard I used it on the last two cruises and won't not use it in the future. I think I would get the clear plastic to slip the card in and skip the whole punch.

Lysol

mesh bag for laundry

money

Neosporin

pack of playing cards

Paperback books

pen

Pepto bismal tablets luckily I didn't need this.

plastic clothes hangers I did bring some from home and also one that had the attached clothes pins.

post it notes great to use to leave messages to others in your group.

prescription drugs never leave home without it.

Q tips

rain ponchos didn't need it won't leave it out though

reading glasses

shampoo

Shoe bag - Over the door this is the one that I loved the most. We had the family suite with 4 of us in there. We loved it. We used it for shoes, cards, cameras, hand mirrors, sunscreen, lotion... it kept things right on hand.

sneakers

stamps

sun block I burn and won't not bring

sunglasses

swim shoes important, my sister didn't bring hers and stepped on a sea urchin

toothbrushes

toothpicks

Travel Documents

tweezers

Tylenol

underwear you can't always find them to purchase in shops in port. I did the wash before going and didn't get them in the suitcase. Luckily I had enough to get us to the first port. It was hard to find them in the shops in Alaska.

water proof carrying case thing that goes around your neck

ZipLock bags these are great for bringing home seashells, small items you purchase, packing loose papers in, close and squeezing the air out.....

I didn't write next to everything. They are obvious. The over the door shoe hanger was such an unexpected aid. I am glad I participated in this thread before I left.

I don't know if this has been mentioned:

When laying out in the sun, I like to take a small spray bottle that I fill with water. Then when I get hot, I just ~mist~ myself and cool off a little. I purchased it in the travel size section at WalMart. It's made out of plastic and is about 8 ounces.

Actually I didn't see that listed anywhere. I put it on my list. Maybe I'll buy one that has a little fan on it. Cool idea. (Pun intended). I'm so ready for this trip! I think I'm gonna buy one of those over the door plastic shoe holders the next time I am at the store and start prepacking in it.

Here is a packing list I made. It was a table, but I couldn't copy and paste it. If anybody feels there should be something added...let me know.

Item How Many?/Description Before Trip? After trip?

Y/N Y/N

Travel Bag

Birth Certificate

Driver’s Licenses

Cash/Traveler’s Checks

Credit Cards

Cell Phones

Cell Phone Chargers

Royal Caribbean Notebook

Pens

Highlighters

Digital Camera/Charger

Hearing Aid Batteries

Ziplock Baggies

Medicines

Tylenol

Post it Notes

Door Decorations

Organization Tools for Room/Miscellaneous

Over the Door Shoe Holder

Suction Cups

Duct Tape

Clothes Pins

Alarm Clock

Thermos

Glade Plugin

Wine

To The Beach

Mesh/Beach Bag

Bathing Suits/Coverups

Squirt Bottle

Lunch Bag (Collapsible)

Water Bottles

Lip Balm

Sunglasses

Disposable Water Camera

Tolietries

Makeup Bag

Brush

Toothbrushes

Razor/Shaving Creams

Hair Dryer

Flat Iron

Curling Iron

Shampoo/Conditioner

Bath and Body Works

Soap

Clothes

PJs

Shirts (Hers)

Shirts (His)

Pants (Hers)

Pants (His)

Shorts/Capri Pants (Hers)

Shorts (His)

Underwear (Hers)

Underwear (His)

Socks (Hers)

Socks (His)

Formal Wear (Hers)

Formal Wear (His)

Shoes (Hers)

Shoes (His)

The cabins all have a hair dryer so that is one thing you can eliminate. That is unless the hotel you stay at before or after doesn't have one. Your list looks great. You didn't add the lanyard. I loved to have that around my neck for my room key. It was great to be able to hang it aound your neck when you have a swimsuit on and up on deck. That way you don't loose it.

Don't forget the women would want to have their jewelry too. I put the ear rings into the small craft ziplocks. I also did the same for the necklaces and bracelets. It helps to keep things from tangling and you can pull the out and see what you want easily.

We are in "final packing" mode, and double-checking my lists. Does anyone know whether the electrical outlets on the Elation are the "two prong" or "three prong" (grounded) kind? I picked up a power cord, but don't want to bring it if it won't work in the outlets in my cabin (it has the three prongs)

Thanks for anybodys help/experience/advice. These boards have really gotten me organized & prepared!

I didn't think there was a THING I could add, but here goes! My DH and I share a camper with his family, so we're used to small, confined spaces. (I should be an expert by now, but I still pack too many shoes!)

We normally camp 5-6 times a year. About a week before our trip, I will take the shower poof out of the shower at home, and let it dry out. I replace it with a brand new one, and take the old one on our trip. I just throw it away at the end of the trip. Keeps me from buying extra poofs, and from trying to pack a wet one in my suitcase.

I also keep a gameboy for my nieces and nephews to use only on camping trips. I bought several mario bros. Games for them to play, as well as tetris and a few other games that they don?t have at home. OK, I?ll admit, I bought those games because that?s what I played as a kid, and I enjoy playing the games just as much as they do!! But it?s nice to have something different to do while on a trip, and that?s why I bought games that they don?t already have. We like to play tournaments if we camp together, and I win every time at Super Mario 3!!!

I also keep about 4-5 magazines that I subscribe to, and pack them away so that I'll have something new to read on a trip. Of course, I also take 2-3 paperbacks as well - I couldn't travel without books. I always buy them at a used bookstore, and then pass them along to someone else when I'm done.

One more thing for those of you who love to read but can't read in the car or on the plane.

I have been listening to books on tape for a while now on my commute to work, and I love them. I personally can read in the car (when I'm a passenger, LOL) but my DH can't, so he likes them as well. They really pass the time for me when I drive.

wow, i haven't even started packing yet, but now i want to buy so much more stuff. love all the ideas and the lists. i am a list freak. i am still reading the thread and am only on page 6, but would like to share something I just found.

I went to a website that someone had a tip on travelsmith.com. They now have these new luggage locators. They are slightly pricey, see most people have more than one bag, but great to put on your biggest piece of luggage. I have been on 4 other cruises and dread the large room with seas of bags when we get off the boat. Seemed like a great idea!!! this is the link for the luggage locator.

http://www.travelsmith.com/ts/cookie.jsp?ContentOID=2651755&Category=%2fProductHierarchy%2fLuggage+%26+Accessories%2fSecurity&Category1=%2fProductHierarchy%2fLuggage+%26+Accessories&source=subcategory.jsp

To keep your fine chains from tangling - open the chain and thread it through a straw and then reconnect it. That takes a whole lot less time to do than to try to untangle the thing.

Wprks well for thin braclets also. Just cut the straw to the proper length.

Also - if you are only going to take a few items of jewerly the pill boxes are great to seperate pairs of earings and such.

Oh my god!!! I have become obsessed with this list thing since this morning when i started reading this thread. I have now created what I believe is my list. I took 3 different lists off the thread and the ultimate packing list link that was here. I combined them and added some of my own and would like to share. I didn't see anyone add things like portable dvd player, magazines, dvd's, laptop, portable cd walkman, cd's, lunch for plane, snacks. We are very edgy when we fly so we take our portable dvd player on all planes, love magazines for the plane and I always pack two sandwiches with snacks and drinks. you can never get anything good to eat a plane these days. I also pack a couple more snacks for the room. I found I just wanted chips once in awhile. We also take our own snorkel gear. we found great little sets at sam's club last year. they come in there own mesh backpack bags. little bulky, but work not having to use what someone else has put on there lips. :)

Here is my list and I hope it helps someone!

Aloe gel (for burns)

aluminum foil

back packs (plane backpack and hiking bags)

Bandaids

bar soap

Barrettes

bathing suit cover up

bathing suits

batteries

beach bag

beach towels

belts

binoculars

books

bottle sleeve/bottle carrier

Bras

Brushes

bug spray

Business cards(to give to new friends)

Capri pants

Casual dinner outfits

Cd’s

cell phone and charger

Clorox wipes

Cologne

conditioner (hair)

cotton balls

credit cards

Curling iron

dental floss

Deodorant

digital camera/cleaner/charger

dollar bills for tips to room service, sky cap, luggage handlers ($2 bills)

door decorations

dryer sheets

duct tape

Dvd’s

Ear plugs

Extension cord

Eye drops

fanny pack (waterproof)

Feminine products

First aid kit

fish food

flash light

Formal night outfits (dress, suit & shoes)

Hair dryer

hair gel

hairspray

hand sanitizer

Hangers

Hats (visors, beach hats, baseball)

Headphones

high lighter pens (yellow & blue)

Insulated lunch bag (sandwiches for plane)

Jewelry

Keys

LANYARD OR CORD TO WEAR AROUND NECK with room key

Laptop (all necessary cords)

Laundry bag

Laundry detergents

Lip Balm

Lysol

Magazines

makeup

Make-up remover

Medicines (pepto, pepcid, Excedrin, benadryl gel, Dramamine)

Mesh floats (foldable)

Moisturizer (hand and body)

money

Nail clippers

Nail polish

Nail polish remover

Notebook/journal

Pajama’s

Pants (jeans & Khaki)

Pens

Perfume

playing cards

Portable cd walkman

Portable dvd player

Post it notes

Q-tips

Quarters for laundry (2 rolls)

rain ponchos

Razors/shaving creams

Room freshener with night light

Rubber bands for hair

Sandals

Semi-formal outfits (dress, suit & shoes)

Sewing kit

Shampoo

Sharpie pen

Shirts

Shoe bag - Over the door

Shorts

Shower cap

Shower gel

Shower poof

Small scissors

Snacks for room & plane

Sneakers

Snorkel gear

Socks (black & white)

Sunglasses (cords to hang on sunglasses)

Suntan lotion

swim float (foldable mesh)

Tanks

Toilet paper (for islands)

Toothbrushes

Travel Documents (passports, confirmations, drivers licenses, insurance information, etc.)

Travel iron

Travel steamer

Tweezers

Umbrella (compact)

Underwear

Walkie talkies

Water shoes

Waterproof camera - Mark Camera with name

Wind jackets (light fleece)

Woolite

ZIP lock bags – 2 gallon size for wet clothes, dirty clothes. Press all the air out and seal.

Zip strips

ZipLock bags (small for digital camera in one to prevent condensation

i know, seems like a ton. my fiancee just ignored me when i was telling him the list. he doesn't care now, but what happens when i forget to pack his clothes!!! :) really it isn't bad. most of it is super small. we go on vacation 2-3 times a year and i have gotten really good at the packing. i swear each time i am only bringing one big bag, but that never works. i have this problem with shoes. i have an entire bag full of them. i'm working on it though..:) on our last trip we bought those bags where you put stuff in and it takes out all the air. we bought a super tiny vacuum cleaner to suck out the air. (we found the ones you roll didn't take all the air out.) they were fantastic!!! so much room in the suitcase. the problem. after sucking all the air out i had so much room i added more stuff. the suitcase was 70 pounds!!! i had to take stuff out.

The cabins on board are usually great, but if one of you snores or is a light sleaper you may want to bring a Sound machine along. We never travel with out one. Be sure to get one that plays continous noise, not on a timed setting. Thanks for the lists it seams we always find one more thing we didn't know we needed.

It will be easy to stay on top of potential sea sickness if you pack Bonine. You won't feel strange with this pill at all. You take one per day (up to two per day, if you think you need it), and start taking it about an hour before you set sail.

Just got home from my first cruise, last night. I totally stayed clear of sea sickness; hence, I completely enjoyed a healthy and happy cruise. We entered into gale force winds, by the way, yet I rode through them just fine.

Fanny Packs--They may be out of fashion, yet I saw scads of cruisers wearing them!! I used , instead, the little pouch that goes around your neck (the kind you get at conventions). The little zippered compartments were handy for carrying money, ID, sail and sign card, etc.

Archived