Received Documents-name Spelled Incorrectly

gymbrat33

I just received my documents with a missspelled name. I called my PVP and she says that I have to pay $50 for a name that she misspelled and she cannot do anything about it once final payment has been made. I've booked many cruises with her and told her that she should have gotten it by now. I'm on hold for a supervisor.

Has this happened to any of you?

It just happened to me, but I caught it before I received the docs.

All the names were spelled correctly on my invoice from the TA.

When I went online to do my pre boarding, I saw DD's name spelled incorrectly. I called TA immediately, and she fixed it.

Have you not done your funpass yet?

If it was incorrect on the invoice a change should have been made at that time. Depending how incorrect it is....ie...one letter off...sometimes the cruiselines will not charge anything. I always make sure I call my clients once an invoice is s ent to remind them to double check the spelling of the names.....

On a past cruise my sons name was listed wrong.. Me him and my daughters have the same last name and my boyfriend and his 2 children have their own last name.. they listed my son with my boyfriends last name.. when I saw it I freaked but was told dont worry and they will fix it at checkin and thats exactly what they did.. Wasnt a problem at all and didnt cost me anything

My first name was spelled correctly on our confirmation and all emails from the t.a. we used to book our last cruise on Majesty. When I went into RCCL's site to complete our online pass I noticed it was incorrect. I contacted the t.a. and they amended it immediately without charge.

I once got docs that had my name on my ticket AND my name on the other ticket. Since my spuose was unwilling to undergo a name change, we called our TA and they got new docs sent with the corrected info.

Yes, a supervisor called me and told me that they wouldn't charge me for the name change.

I just booked a cruise on the Fascination for this weekend with another PVP.

Glad to hear you're all set. Have a great time.:)

Great to hear that you got it straightened out, talking to a supervisior really helps sometimes.

Talking to a supervisor is almost always the way to go. 99% of the PVP's at Carnival are short-timers who know very little about their craft. We've been through 6 now since we got back into their system a few years ago. They either quit or get fired because of who knows what after about 6 months.

Mark T

Archived