• Caribbean - Summer 2007
    • Caribbean - Fall 2007
    • Caribbean - Winter 2008
    • Bermuda - 2007 Season
    • Mediterranean - Summer 2007
    • Alaska - Summer 2007
    • Other - Please Suggest
    • I vote for them all :D

I'm trying to stir up interest in Navigator of the Seas sailing on June 30, 2007 for a group cruise. If you're interested please post over on there at:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=354901

In the meantime, how about us trying to form some more groups for 2007 and 2008. Here is the place to put in your votes! Unfortunately, I can only program one poll entry so in addition to voting please place your suggestions here.

John

Long time lurker here, I signed up just to vote in this poll. I, too, vote for Bermuda provided it is out of NY or NJ.

Also, how does this whole "group" thing work? Are forced to mix and mingle? How does dinner work? Are we placed together?

No you aren't forced to Mix and Mingle but, if we get enough interest we can register for a Meet and Mingle party but, attendance would not be required. Dinner works like any other cruise, you aren't forced to sit with anyone. In other words, if you'd like to participate, you're welcome and if you just want to join for pricing and amenities without attending group functions (if there are any) you're still welcome!

Here's a current list of all Cruise Critic Member Group Cruises. From the looks of things, I would suggest that we try forming groups for beyond Winter and Spring 2007 as the schedule looks pretty full during those time periods:

Carnival Legend - NYC Gotham Connection - 06/05/06

Pride of America - Pineapple Express - 06/10/06

Carnival Destiny - Southern Carib - 06/18/06

Diamond Princess - 07/08/06

Tahitian Princess - 08/15/06

Caribbean Princess - 08/19/06

HAL Volendam - Alaska - 08/23/06

HAL Zaandam Hawaii - New! Lower Deposit! - 10/07/06

Freedom of the Seas - 10/15/06

Carnival Conquest - S&S II LOWER PRICES - 10/15/06

HAL Westerdam -HAL-O-Ween 'Dam Cruise - 10/29/06

Carnival Elation - 11/11/06

Navigator of the Seas - Cruisin' Stepmoms - 12/02/06

Explorer of the Seas - 12/03/06

Carnival Valor - Scuba LOWER PRICING - 12/10/06

Carnival Conquest - Conquest Carolers - 12/17/06

Enchantment of the Seas - 12/18/06

Fantasy - S&S 2 1/2 - 01/08/07

Carnival Miracle - 02/11/07

Caribbean Princess - $100pp dep avail thru 5/12 - 02/18/07

Carnival Legend - VIP $25 pp Dep Avail. - 03/16/07

Dawn Princess - $100pp dep avail thru 5/12 - 04/01/07

Carnival Spirit - Hawaii - 04/15/07

Carnival Freedom - 04/19/07

Brilliance of the Seas - 06/14/07

Emerald Princess - $100pp dep thru 5/12 - 09/02/07

Carnival Freedom - 09/22/07

Carnival Liberty - 10/13/07

Carnival Legend - 11/15/07

Voyager of the Seas - 01/27/08

Keep in mind we're not restricted to just Royal Caribbean, I will post this quesiton on other boards too.

My extended family (probably 9 of us in 4 cabins) is considering the 9-night Bermuda & Caribbean on Explorer on Aug. 3, 2007. If you decide to make that one a CC group cruise, we'd love to join you!

August schedule looks clear in 2007 and, it would meet the requests of those who asked for Bermuda. Anyone want to second this idea?

Here's the Itinerary and Schedule for the August 3, 2007 sailing on Explorer:

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/findacruise/cruiseDetails/itineraryAndPricing.do;jsessionid=0000RJ7_ENZ-5Q3yvBxwsaNjVPW:10ktdmlju?packageCode=EX09L006&sailDate=1070803&date=20073&selectedCurrencyCode=&promoType=

Can we suggest other lines? It's not that I won't book Royal Caribbean but, I believe Princess is bringing a ship back offering the same route. Either way I second the August 3, 2007 cruise AND I second the February 2008 cruise on Freedom of the Seas.

Can I say one thing about the August cruise? INSURANCE. TAKE IT.

I'd like to also suggest December 23, 2007 on Explorer of the Seas, if I may. Additionally, I'd be in favor of both August 3 for the 9 night cruise and either Valentine's week or President's week for the Freedom of the Seas cruise.

I'm still in the dark about how this whole group cruise thing works. I appreciate your trying to explain but, I'm not sure I understand 100%.

Would you be kind enough elaborate on how this works exactly?

Thank you ever so much.

For those interested - The August cruise would leave on Friday, August 3 and return on Sunday, August 12, 2007. So that's a week and 1 day vacation time for most of us. I "think" we're ok time-wise, you could put us down for a maybe for this cruise. Can't commit yet though.

Holiday cruise sounds wonderful too but, too many family members to even attempt to try it. Unless the prices are exceptional. Which I doubt, they're always the highest priced cruises for the year.

February cruise sounds great too, especially for those of us who live in cold, snowy areas. Of course, that's aways the concern. Snow.

Will check in later or in a few days and see how this came out. But, yes, we're interested, especially in Bermuda.

I'm interested in a Memorial Day weekend cruise that someone mentioned... would be great to celebrate my anniversary in 2007 (can't do it in 2008).

Also - February 2008 -- particularly the week of President's Day (week of Feb. 16, 2008). This is when we do our family cruise and would love to be in a group. Not sure if you can get deals, though, during that week - esp on RCCL.

I'd like to also suggest December 23, 2007 on Explorer of the Seas, if I may. Additionally, I'd be in favor of both August 3 for the 9 night cruise and either Valentine's week or President's week for the Freedom of the Seas cruise.

I'm still in the dark about how this whole group cruise thing works. I appreciate your trying to explain but, I'm not sure I understand 100%.

Would you be kind enough elaborate on how this works exactly?

Thank you ever so much.

The Group Cruise Process:

1) Do exactly what we're doing right now. Find a group of people who want to go on the same ship and date.

2) A group requires a minimum of 8 cabins/16 passengers. Once there are that many people firmly committed to the ship and sailing date, who are actually willing to put the deposit money down... A group leader is chosen or appointed, and, the group leader contacts Cruise Critic for permission to form an Official Cruise Critic Group.

Keep in mind most of us already know that most cruise groups earn a free berth or free cabin (depending on the number of people that actually book the group) for every 8 cabins/16 passengers. I would hope that the Group Leaders chose to split the freebie and lower the cost for everyone and, not keep the "free" berth for himself/herself.

3) Once the request is submitted to Cruise Critic for approval, Cruise Critic contacts a number of travel agencies for their bids. Cruise Critic then selects the best deal for our group.

4) The group leader places their deposit down first and then the group becomes "official" and, the rest can start making their own deposits. We'll be given a webpage page and of course, we can start Roll Call.

5) Group advantages include: lower prices and usually some type of amenities package. Not to mention the chance to make new friends both on this board and onboard the ship.

6) Sit back, chat away on Cruise Critic, make your final payment and we're off!

Hope this helps to make heads and tails of it all!

Nick

We'll leave this poll up for a while but, are most in agreement that we should try to form groups for:

August 3, 2007 - 9 Night Bermuda and Caribbean cruise on Explorer

February ??? 2008 - Winter Caribbean Cruise, possibly on Freedom?

Any group leader volunteers for either of these cruises? I'm willing to be group leader for one or both but, will gladly give up the lead if someone else would like to take charge. And yes, as group leader, I would give up the free berths to lower the costs for all of us.

John

We checked our schedules, August 3rd looks good for both of us, so, tenative yes. 1 cabin.

As for February, how about the brand new Liberty of the Seas for Valentine's week:

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/findacruise/cruiseDetails/itineraryAndPricing.do;jsessionid=00005eGrauavWtDd9wrtHTr46-j:10ktdmnut?packageCode=LB07W011&sailDate=1080209&date=&selectedCurrencyCode=&promoType=

Thanks for the suggestion, but that one omits too many of the places that I want to go.

Is there a cruise that offers all the stops you wish to visit? We can put it up and see if anyone else is interested!

1. On RCL group rates are not any lower than FIT rates... until such point in time when the FIT rates go up.

2. Don't hem yourselves in on one date. That date may not have the most

group amenity points. Some dates have no amenity points. Generally speaking the more "off season" the sailing, the most points.

3. Tc's earned are at net... this means less the commission % the agency normally receives from the cruiseline and less port and tax. They are earned based upon the lowest average of cabin category booked. There are also a maximum number of tc's.. and a maximum number of cabins which can be booked into a group, without going into a contract situation.

Archived