room by elavator - how noisy will it be?

mthaydu

we just got a deal on a cruise and want to go but the room is outside the elevators on deck 1. so we are just wondering if its a good deal because it is where it is or will it be ok. the stairs to the butterfly lounge is also right by our room, what should we expect. room 1103 if anyone has been near it or in it. any help on this question would be great!

thanks, :)

we just got a deal on a cruise and want to go but the room is outside the elevators on deck 1. so we are just wondering if its a good deal because it is where it is or will it be ok.

I have never had problems with rooms by the elevator. Which ship wil you be on.

We have been near the elevators on several cruises and the only really noise you will get is the "DING" when the elevators stop. It's not too bad. Remember the walls are not that thick so there is always some noise wherever you are on the ship.

This cabin was on empress deck and right by the elevators-never heard any noise from the elevators though we did hear folks passing by our cabin but that can happen no matter where your room is and has happened to us on every cruise. the same goes for motels and hotels-if people have no consideration for others and if they are loud you hear them. Unfortunately a lot of people are this way-so if this is something you are sensitive to-maybe you should get some ear plugs.

I will say this-inspite of things like this-overall I sleep better on a cruise then I do at home-I think it is the ship rocking-it is like being in a cradle.

A coupla years ago, I had an inside cabin that backed up to an elevator at midship. Prior to the cruise, I was concerned about hearing elevator cables, doors opening, ding-dings, etc..... BUT I never heard even the first 'ding' the entire cruise. People walking by was the only noise I heard, no elevator noise at all. Go and enjoy!

Thank you all so much for putting my fears to rest. :) we have now booked our cruise and are very excited about going! This will be out first cruise and were not sure what to think of the siuation, feel better about it now. This board is awesome, its so helpful.

Archived