What's the nicest thing to happen to you on a NCL ship?

On the Dream (then Dreamward), we celebrated our recent news of discovering I was pregnant after 10 years of infertility. Our waitstaff (traditional dining) was quite accomodating to my mild bouts of morning sickness. Including, sending apples and saltines to our room.

On the Majesty, we were upgraded by NCL to first class on the airplane... don't know why but it sure was appreciated. There were 4 adults and 2 kids from MPLS to San Juan.

On the Star in 2002, we were treated royally by George (then a Maitre D) because it was our third sailing with him.

On the Spirit in 2005, we experienced our first penthouse and the famous Claudio, The Concierge. After meeting Rob, the Food and Beverage Director at the Captain's VIP party, he bought us a bottle of wine in Le Bistro.

On the Star in 2005, the same George again took very good care of us. He sent a bottle of Champagne to us. We never received it as it was delivered to the wrong room, but found out about it afterwards. The gesture was still appreciated though.

On the Star in 2006, we were invited to have dinner with the Captain. What an evening that was!!!! We were invited to the Chocoholic Buffet for an early viewing/seating. We were invited to a private tour of the Garden Villas. And, we got to meet Alex, the Concierge!!!! He does a tremendous job. AND ONCE AGAIN, George took very special care of us!

Oh and, our NCL Personal Cruise Consultant... does a great job each and everytime I call her up to book or ask for information.

I hope I wasn't suppose to pick one example. There are just so many positive experiences with NCL.

Doing two back-to-back cruises on the Norway, we were upgraded to a very spacious inside cabin on Olympic Deck for the second week. It was sailaway time and I was sitting at the dressing table when I heard someone at the door. Thinking it was the steward, imagine my surprise when in walked the captain! While he stood there stunned at the sight of me (I was decent), my traveling companion around the corner lying on the bed asked who it was. I calmly said, "It's the captain."

My friend said, "Yeah, sure it is." I said, "No, the captain's really here."

To back me up, the captain came into the room so my friend could see him, then apologized profusely with a very red face, and let himself back out. All week, we kept getting bottles of wine and acquavit from him.

We had sailed with this captain many times before, so it was a big joke for us. However, we never did find out why he wanted to get into that cabin... ;-)

Bypassing the nicest "thing", I'll go on to the nicest "staff".

Having vacationed for many years in lovely land resorts, we only began cruising in 2004...due to NCL Freestyle and sailings from NY.

We CEASE to be amazed by the staff on the NCL ships.

From maintenance, room stewards, waiters, bartenders, butlers ~ Corina, Carmen, Ryan, Irina...Concierge Alex and Ruth, HD Klaus Lugmaier, (the MOST visible HD I have ever seen)...

Capt., Peterstam (who always guarantees us a rough ride home)...(lol)..

we have never experienced a staff that aims to please their guests more and constantly.

And, C. Veitch who always acknowledges my letters.

I can't cruise a different line as I am afraid of the disappointment...I am spoiled.

The worst part of each cruise ending, is saying farewell to the wonderful staff. Boy, do I hate disembarking:(

And, I would have never enjoyed my first cruise as much as I did if I hadn't found CC.

The tips from NMNita, Cecilia, Shoreguy, Dolphins, Ann (the travel agent) and many more helped me more than you can imagine.

When I got that first "upsell" call...I even knew what they were talking about:)

While dining in Salsa on the Norwegian Dawn, our favorite quartet "Anna Y Los Vientos" performing above the Java Cafe, noticed us sitting by the rail and played and sang our song "Love Letters" including the little known intro.

So typical of so many of the staff we have enjoyed on the Dawn.

We have always been impressed by the musicians on that ship- Vladimir at the grand piano in the atrium, Pamala Stanley performing to SRO crowds nightly in Gatsby's and the great trumpet of Larry Lockwood and his Dawn band playing big band music in the Spinakker Lounge.

Unforgettable musical memories.

Bypassing the nicest "thing", I'll go on to the nicest "staff".

Having vacationed for many years in lovely land resorts, we only began cruising in 2004...due to NCL Freestyle and sailings from NY.

We CEASE to be amazed by the staff on the NCL ships.

From maintenance, room stewards, waiters, bartenders, butlers ~ Corina, Carmen, Ryan, Irina...Concierge Alex and Ruth, HD Klaus Lugmaier, (the MOST visible HD I have ever seen)...

Capt., Peterstam (who always guarantees us a rough ride home)...(lol)..

we have never experienced a staff that aims to please their guests more and constantly.

And, C. Veitch who always acknowledges my letters.

I can't cruise a different line as I am afraid of the disappointment...I am spoiled.

The worst part of each cruise ending, is saying farewell to the wonderful staff. Boy, do I hate disembarking:(

And, I would have never enjoyed my first cruise as much as I did if I hadn't found CC.

The tips from NMNita, Cecilia, Shoreguy, Dolphins, Ann (the travel agent) and many more helped me more than you can imagine.

When I got that first "upsell" call...I even knew what they were talking about:)

You said what we feel each time we leave an NCL ship. The crew is wonderful and we too cannot try another cruise line.

The best crew, no holds barred was that of the NORWAY.

The best cruise, on the SPIRIT. We were treated like VIPs, recieved a comp bottle of wine, canapes everyday, invitations to VIP events, priority Chocoholic Buffet invites and concierge service. Due to our loyalty to the line and my participation here at CC. The cruise was fantastic on its own, but the little perks really made it extra special.

~Intrepid

Well, we have only been on one cruise so far - Spirit 2 wks ago - and it was very special! I organized a CC meet and greet, but only my family and one other showed. We had Ricky (CD) and Hugo (Hotel Dir) all to ourselves for an hour! It was great to talk to them. Hugo then sent us each a letter for a complimentary dinner and a bottle of wine in a specialty restaurant. In addition, we received complimentary concierge service (Lisa is awesome!), VIP tender tix, goodies delievered everyday, and an invite to the Captain's VIP Cocktail party to boot!

One of the most special moments was when Ricky saw us a few days after the meet and greet, and actually remembered my son's name!

So, we got totally spoiled with the royal treatment on our first cruise, even though we were only in a BA cabin!

The best thing that has happened on an NCL ship for my and my Dh was when we stepped aboard the Majesty for our first ever (honeymoon) cruise.

We were sooo tired after being awake for 36 hours - wedding day, ceremony, reception and long flight. We had been rushing around for weeks getting all of the last minute wedding things done.

Even so, we were so excited to check out the ship that we joined in a tour mid-way through, we started running to catch up/keep up to the guide and group and she said "Slow down there is no need to rush - you're on vacation now!" It was heaven :) We just looked at each other smiled and sighed.

Archived