Come Join The Valor Voyagers 6/12/05 Western Caribbean

Snowball

Hello everyone: Thanks for the tip on renting a car in FLL and dropping it off at the Miami airport and hopping on a free shuttle to the pier. I was wondering about how to work that out. This sounds like the solution. We'll be arriving in FLL at 3:30 p.m. 6/11. We're flying out on 6/20, so we'll want to do the shuttle, airport, car thing in reverse when we get back. Please share details. This is the part I'm concerned about. We haven't booked our hotel yet, but I'm getting ready to do that soon. Can't believe how close it's getting. We'll be there for the sail away party. Just tell us where and when. Have a great week everyone. It's sunny here in Indiana today -- easy to think spring, summer, and cruise.

Beth, what limo service are you using? We were planning on doing the rental car thing from FLL too, but with 5 of us we need to get a van or SUV and that will run close to $60 - we can do the Carnival transfers for $80 and not have to mess with going to the Miami airport to dropoff, etc. The only problem is it doesn't look like the bus starts running until 11:30 and we want to get to the pier sooner than that.
I'm looking for options - do we do a cab- can we get a minivan cab, limo service, shuttle service? Now I don't know.

Hi Sharon,

We use Larry's Limos....[url]www.larryslimos.com[/url]. I don't remember off hand the cost but down to Miami was higher than back. We were very please with them, very prompt and courteous. They picked us up in an Excursion and you would have plenty of space for 5 people and all the luggage. We even asked for the "scenic route" to Miami and our driver took us right down A1A and through South Beach! SInce we are planning to get into FLL around 2 on the 11th, we are renting a car for the day so we can run around FL. Last time I got an intermediate size car from National for $25 for the day. The next morning, DH took it back to the airport and the hotel shuttle brought him back to the hotel to wait for our driver. It all worked out very nicely so we are planning to do the same thing again this time!

Beth

Thanks, I was looking for a roll call for anyone going on the Valor June 12. and did not see one. I thought the Valor Voyagers was someone getting a private group together. Glad to see that so many are going. We are still trying to figure the whole pre-cruise hotel /shuttle thing out.

Hi Fordannie and welcome to our roll call!!! :D As Marcy said, some of us are booked with the cruise critic group, but this roll call is open to everyone that is sailing the Valor on June 12th. We are always happy to have more people posting on here - sharing ideas and pre-cruise excitement!

So tell us a little about yourself - is this your first cruise? Who is sailing with you? Do you have any excursions planned for the ports?

We also have a group website that lists the "get to know you" information for most of us. Here is a link to our site: [url="http://home.cinci.rr.com/valorvoyagers/"]http://home.cinci.rr.com/valorvoyagers/[/url] There is a link on the main page there where you can e-mail your information to Sharon and she'll add it to the site.

:D Hi everyone and welcome to the new cruiser. I am so glad I found this site also. I do not know what I would do without you guys. We are not in your group, but wish I was. Hope we can find each other on the ship. Please cruise come soon. I was wondering if you could take 2 carry ons plus a book bag for your personal carry on. Will the large book bag fit under the airplane seat? Well I have to go cook for my littlest grandaughters 1st birthday party. See you sooooooooooooooon.:cool:

Yes, we are expected to get either 3-6 or 4-8 inches of snow tomorrow (depending on what channel you watch). :mad: Winter can't end soon enough for me.

The airlines have size restrictions for carryons, but I'm pretty sure that a big book bag would be fine. You should check the airlines website to find out what their size restriction is to make sure. Enjoy your granddaughter's birthday! :)

I just got an e-mail from someone that was on the Valor last week, and they confirmed that the ship stayed on Eastern time for the whole week - did not adjust their clocks at all for any of the ports. We should re-visit this issue after daylight savings time starts to see if it stays that way.

[quote name='parisolivia']:D Hope we can find each other on the ship. Please cruise come soon. [/QUOTE]

Connie, several posts up we were just talking about planning to meet the afternoon of boarding. We haven't chosen a specific place or time yet, but between 2-3 p.m. looks like a good time. We also have a password protected area on our website where some of us have listed our cabin numbers. If you contact Sharon with your info, she'll give you the password. Then, even if you miss the first get together, you can find us!!

Hi Fordannie, welcome to our fun group of cruisers! Hope everyone's weekend went great and not too much snow! We had a very nice one and the weather was wonderful. Not real warm but the sun was out and felt good!Thanks for the limo info, gave them a call and found out it is $70.00 + tip for the trip from Port of Miami to Ft. Lauderdale airport. That is in a towncar. Not bad for door to door service.
Thanks Debbie for the reminder about last payment. Think I will give Kevin a call today! Did the e-mail you got about the time on the ship say what time they arrived in Roatan? I guess we will have to wait until Daylight Savings Time to see what they do.
Have a great week everyone!
Rebecca

[color=red][b]BOY, DID I GET A SCARE!! [/b][/color]

I got an e-mail from Crucon today confirming my final payment for PARADISE on June 12. I was on the phone to Kevin right away and, whew, everything is OK. He's not sure where the Paradise came from, but I'm definately on the Valor!!

It's been raining out and just switched over to snow. They predict anywhere from 4 to 10 inches in the next 24 hours. How are you guys doing so far??

Marcy, we got an email from Kevin today too for final payment. After reading your email I went back and checked (since I already replied and paid) - scared me too!! Mine said Valor and the dates were right - whew.
We still have rain, but the temp is dropping should change to snow later, we're expecting 1-3 inches - I'm hoping for at least a delay in the morning. Seems like we have talked waaaaaaay too much about snow this winter - is it ever going to end??!! :eek:

Not sure if I should be glad since cruise is getting closer or sad because I need to part with more money!!! Just did my taxes, now I can hope for a refund. Yea, right! Just received my e-mail from Maria also, my details were correct. Maybe she is Kevins helper.
Sharon, how can I e-mail you so I can get into our other area? If you need my e-mail it is [email]voleymom@aol.com[/email] Thanks
I always buy travel insurance. Has anyone purchased it thru Crucon? I am going to check prices tonight.
Hope you all don't get too much snow. Stay warm.
Rebecca

Actually, the e-mail I got was from Maria, but I called Kevin when I saw I was on Paradise!! Gee...I wonder where it sails?

Rebecca, I already bought travel insurance because I have to buy within 10 days of purchasing the cruise due to my DH's pre-existing conditions. Most of the insurers will cover trip cancellation due to a pre-existing condition only if you purchase the insurance right away. We're using Travel Guard which I actually purchased through BuyCruises when I was originally booked on Adventure of the Seas going to the S. Caribbean! Because I switched cruises within the 10 day period, we're OK. I called Travel Guard to make sure the policy was still good.

Seems like we missed the storm, only got about 2 inches over night. How did you east coasters do?

gymbrat33, hi, I seemed to have missed your name! Could you please share it again? Thanks!

We got about 5-6 inches of snow here, which is better than what they were expecting but still not fun to deal with. I'm hoping that this is the last of the snow we'll get this year, but then again some of our worst snow storms have happened in March. :(

I'll be making final payment either today or tomorrow! I actually look forward to making final payment because it is one more step closer to the cruise. Then we just have to wait until it's our time to do the doc dance!!! :D

Rebecca - the e-mail I got regarding the Valor's time did not indicate anything specifically about Roatan, so I assume that the ship's time in port was 7:00am to 3:00pm (ship time). I also purchased my travel insurance with Travel Guard, and bought it within a few days of booking the cruise so that pre-existing conditions would be covered. You might want to visit [url="http://www.insuremytrip.com"]www.insuremytrip.com[/url] they have information from several travel insurance companies and there you can compare the different prices and policies from each company.

[b]Hi Olga, My name is Chad! (not too hard to figure that one out, huh??)[/b]
[b]Hello Everybody, I hope today is going well for one and all.[/b]
[b]Just home from an afternoon college baseball game.[/b]

[b]We have another couple going with us. His name is Dell and hers is Kathy. They signed up this morning through my TA. They are a very nice couple and [url="http://server4.103092804.com/Release3/linkredirect.php?h=40052,226850,1109714737"]love[/url] to have fun. They have only cruised once before so I promised to take them with us on our excursions.[/b]

[b]We're almost down to double digits now! WOO HOO!!!!:D [/b]

:mad: Yuk the snow storm had us snowed in from school for 2 days, now we have to make these up. I am so glad I found this site, I want to join your group and meet everyone today. You guys sound great. How do I email Sharon, is that who I am suppose to email. Like I said before, not real great at this computer stuff. I am ready to get my cruise clothes on now and go. How is the weather where you guys are? :p

Hi Connie!

Sorry you've been snowed in! While we didn't get much snow last night or today, it's almost whiteout conditions right now!

Here's the link to our web page. [url="http://home.cinci.rr.com/valorvoyagers/"]http://home.cinci.rr.com/valorvoyagers/[/url] At the bottom of it is a link that says "email me to add your information." If you click on that, you'll get Sharon's e-mail. Check out "Who's on board" and you'll see short bio's and pictures of some of us!

Marcy

[quote name='lhall85917']Good job keeping us going Chad - don't know where we all are today. I know I'm tired of being cold and being shut in with 20 2nd graders with more energy than I have!! :rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

lhall85917...Lisa just called from school and is a "shut-in" today due to rain. She's stuck with about two dozen kindergartners!! Not my idea of a good time.

I emailed you earlier with some info on she and I. Did you get it??

Archived