Come Join The Valor Voyagers 6/12/05 Western Caribbean

Snowball

Connie - you should definitely be easy to spot with the orange thong around your neck, loud orange outfit, and orange nails to match. I do however think that the orange stockings would be overkill. :p

I'll wear an orange lei, but make no promises for my daughter and hubby - my daughter probably thinks she is way too "cool" to wear one, and I just can't picture my hubby wearing one either. But I will try to talk them into it. :o

[quote name='lhall85917']The orange was to honor the great pumpkin show in Circleville, OH - we may just have to be "leid" in other ways! :D[/QUOTE]

Oh my gosh, Sharon, I'm shocked!!:eek: We really are a bad influence, aren't we?

Don't laugh, but I have 12 dozen (144) leis left over from a party and have been looking for an excuse to get rid of them. I'll bring them along and hand them out to those not wearing a lei. We should be pretty recognizable, even if the lei isn't orange. Plus, they add to a caribbean party atmosphere! While spouses (my husband included) may not wear one for boarding, give them a drink and we'll probably have no problem getting them to wear one on baord.:p

Nope, my kids won't wear one at all. But, that's OK, I'll have one on. I hope you can convince the kids to come to the meet and greet to get to know each other. Debbie, I have a son, who will be 2 months shy of 14 at the time of the cruise. Isn't that about your daughter's age?

My worrying has already started.:eek: What if we get 5:45 dinner?? That's way too early and 8 or 8:15 is way too late, my teens would never eat with us! They'll already be out with their friends. I really want 6:15. :( If we don't get that seating, I wouldn't want to try to change my seating until I met up with you guys and saw when you all were eating.

Marcy - this is the point where I start to stress about the cruise too.:o Just take a deep breath and tell yourself that everything will be ok. I really want the 6:15 dinner too, but if we get a different one it won't be the end of the world. We'll still be on a cruise, so how bad can it be? My daughter just turned 14 last month, so she is very close in age to your son. I think there will be a lot of kids their age on this cruise.

Sounds like the leis are under control!
We requested the earliest dinner seating - we wake up early, like to eat early, tend to be ready for bed early. :o Last year on the Star the chocolate buffet was at midnight and I love the chocolate buffet but just couldn't stay up. This time we'll have the kids with us and they tend to help us make it through a little later!

Debbie - how many did you end up with in our group? It seems like we have quite a group, but it may just seem that way because some of us are quite vocal! :p

We have 18 cabins booked with the group, but several of the regular posters on our thread booked on their own, so we do have a lot of cc members going on this cruise all together. I can't wait to meet everyone!!!

Wait a minute, Sharon, you are planning on staying up till sailaway in Cozumel, aren't you? You have a very important mission that night!:p

You're right, some people sure to like to chat a lot, don't they!:rolleyes:

Debbie- way to go with the group! congrats on that - I hope ours turns out as well next year! I have really enjoyed meeting everyone already.
Marcy - we have our "posse" to keep us up for Cozumel. I wouldn't miss watching everyone make their way back to the ship - it should be the highlight of the week!

Oh, Debbie, I have so much work to get done before we cruise. Over the summer I work freelance for a publisher in the Philly area. I handle book projects for nursing books and I'm juggling three right now all with deadlines before we go, and then trying to get ahead so that I won't miss deadlines due when we get back! And, I just can't concentrate. :( I keep shifting from Word to CruiseCritic!! That's why I'm on so much right now!

Cruise critic can definitely be distracting - in a good way. I always check in a few times a day from work when I'm in between projects. It's good to take a break and clear your mind once in a while anyway. That's my story, and I'm sticking to it. :p

Wow, we really did get carried away yesterday! But I like the idea of wearing leis, perferably in orange, to the meet and greet. I'll be wearing mine to the pier, so look for the orange lei while checking in.:p I also have coral OPI nailpolish that my family insists is orange. I wore that on last year's cruise. So, maybe I'll do that again! Need to make that manicure appointment!

I just checked out the private section of our website. Not many of us are listed there. If you want us to be able to find, send your cabin number to Sharon. If you want to hide from us, well, after yesterday's posts, I understand that!:eek:

Well, today I'm going to try to be good and get work done!

HI everyone!

I've been reading on all I missed since yesterday! What a funny group! Can;t wait to met everyone. DS has been monopolizing the computer with last minute school projects and IM so I haven't been able to get on as much as I'd like!

Love the orange lei idea....if not a thong, why not a lei!! I know my kids won't wear one but DH will be game! I plan on making my kids come to the meet and greet...I think there are other 19 and 15 years olds in our CC group!

Tara - Still don't have our docs yet either. Called Carnival and they assured me that I will have them by Tuesday....cutting it pretty close I think!

I've been hitting the tanning bed 3x and week and am getting a pretty nice base tan. I'm not a tanning "regular" but I do like to do it before a vacation so that I don't get fried.

Not stressin yet about the cruise...still have to stress with end of school stuff. We still have 8 more days......!!!

HAve a good day all!

Beth

Beth, where are your priorities?? Using the computer for school over cruising!!:eek:
I see your 15 year old is a boy, I have a 16 year old daughter! Hmmmm! :p Seriously, last year it was just really nice for our kids to go to the teen area/disco with other CC kids so they didn't have to walk in alone. They made their own friends, but it was nice to have a familiar face at first.

I already broke my promise to myself about work today!

I've told my kids they have to go to the meet and greet. They don't understand, don't want to go, but are going!! We have a 23 year old son and my daughter and her boyfriend are both 19. I think its a great way to at least see someone their own age and have a familiar face on board. Even if they don't become fast friends its not going to hurt them.

My daughter can't wait to meet the other teens onboard!!! She still keeps in touch with most of the friends she made during our last cruise. Every time she sees me on cruise critic she asks me if there were any new people joining the roll call the have kids her age. I know I won't have a hard time getting her to go to the meet & greet. :)

I was 17 on my first cruise, and I kept in touch with a couple people for about three years...even went and visited one of them. I still keep in touch with one girl through the internet.

So, if I don't get my docs, do I just call my TA and have her ask Carnival about my flight information, and then just show up at the airport? My mom went through my TA also, and she is freaking out that we haven't received anything yet.

Tara - I didn't realize that you also booked your air through Carnival. Now I understand why you are so upset about not having your tickets. I'm not sure what they do if you don't get your airline tickets in time. :( Did you book through a t/a or a Carnival PVP? Either way, I'd be a thorn in their side until I had my cruise docs and air tickets in hand.

OK, I'm starting a packing list, what should I put on it? Copy and paste, and add to the list!

extra batteries
$1, many, for tips
different size ziplock bags (for wet suits, ice cubes in a cooler, etc)
collapsible cooler
heavy woods bug spray
plenty of sunscreen
refillable water bottle, to bring ice tea to the pool
water shoes
contact lenses and solution
water wallet
backpack for excursions
passports, copies of passports
card with magnetic strip for safe
wine, soft drinks
lanyard for Sign and Sail card
walkie talkies
camera and equipment
cellphone/rechargers

extra batteries (or battery charger for rechargeable batteries)
$1, many, for tips
collapsible cooler
heavy woods bug spray
plenty of sunscreen
water shoes
water wallet
backpack for excursions or tote bag for beach
wine, soft drinks
walkie talkies
camera and equipment
cellphone/rechargers
Bungee cord - if you want to keep your balcony door open
Power strip - if you need to plug in more than one thing at a time
prescription medicines
sunglasses (I always seem to forget them :rolleyes: )

of course, Michelle, how could we have forgotten!!

$1, many, for tips
collapsible cooler
heavy woods bug spray
plenty of sunscreen
water shoes
water wallet
wine, soft drinks
walkie talkies
camera and equipment
cellphone/rechargers
prescription medicines
sunglasses
[color=red]duct tape (never used it, but others swear by it!)[/color]
[color=#ff0000]dramamine/bonine/immodium :( [/color]

Adding batteries back onto the list, and a few other things I thought of:

extra batteries (or battery charger for rechargeable batteries)
$1, many, for tips
collapsible cooler
heavy woods bug spray
plenty of sunscreen
water shoes
water wallet
passports, copies of passports (or birth certificate & drivers license)
wine, soft drinks
walkie talkies
camera and equipment
cellphone/rechargers
prescription medicines
sunglasses
[color=black]duct tape (never used it, but others swear by it!)[/color]
[color=black]dramamine/bonine/immodium :( [/color]
[color=black]Orange leis (no orange thongs please!!! :p )[/color]
[color=black]cable ties to lock luggage for flight home [/color]

Well, well, well.......It appears that this planning and chat area has been dominated by the WOMEN of the cruise group....WELL NO LONGER!!!!! hehehehe....In all seriousness, we are really looking forward to this cruise.

BTW, I'm Gary, Crista's husband. It's a slow and boring afternoon at work so I thought I'd jump on here and read up...You know, get a feel for everyone's personalities. Now I'm not sure if I'm entering an asylum or a cruise ship!!! lolol...

In any event, can't wait to meet everyone. Hope to make some more new friends. Anyone else enjoy the Carnvial art auctions? They are one of my favorite features of the line.

Hey Gary!!! Welcome to the ladies forum - ummm, I mean roll call thread!!! It will be nice to have a guy's perspective in here. So I assume you are ok with wearing the Zoro mask on embarkation day? :p Seriously though, we are just having a bit of fun here while we wait for this cruise to finally get here. I can't wait to meet everyone on embarkation day!!! :) I've never attended an art auction during my previous cruises. You would think that the free champagne would induce me to go check it out, but I think they are usually held during sea days - and I am usually found out on deck soaking up the sun during that time.

Archived