Come Join The Valor Voyagers 6/12/05 Western Caribbean

Snowball

A year ago today, my husband had his last chemotherapy. He's done really well this past year and all scans have been clean. He had his one year CT scan today. Because it's a long weekend, we won't know the results until Tuesday afternoon. So, I'm a little on edge and will really get into cruise mode once we get the good results.

Tara, I think Debbie has used the drink coupons before, so she will probably have an answer for you.

Marcy, I can't imagine how difficult this had to have been for you and your family. Our thoughts will be with you as you wait for the results on Tuesday. From what you have said, it seems like you have reason to be hopeful.

Tara - we haven't sailed Carnival before, so I can't offer any advice about the drink coupons. There have been a few threads about them - you can search the forum to find them, reviews seem to be mixed - they seem to be a good thing if you know what you're getting and how you want to use them.

[left]:) TGIF everyone. Sharon, racing and smutty books you sound like my kind of friend. We love racing and have been to alot of nascar races. I have never been to a Indy race, but would love to go. If I cannot find an orange lei, I am going to wear a bright orange top and blouse, and of course pants. I am also going to have my toe nails and finger nails in neon orange, I love that color.

Marcy, I will be adding your DH to my prayers tonight. I will be working out in my flower beds and maybe get in some cleaning, not to much I hope. I have to babysit for my daughter and she is only 15 mos. old, what a challenge. Hey I got my docs today, Yippee:D . I know my husband would like a lei. See you all soon:D .
[/left]

Can't say we're huge racing fans but we've been to the 500 a couple of times - I prefer to see it on tv - its easier to see whats going on.
After reading picture books and children's books all year I feel ok with reading a little smut for a couple of months during the year - I'm all for starting our own little Oprah style book club for smut. :eek:
One more thing for the packing list - I kept thinking I would do the baggies with enough dry soap for a load in each bag - how convenient! But, duh, I know real convenience! :rolleyes: We bought the laundry tablets that you use one per load for my daughter to take to college for her laundry - I think she even brought some home. That would even be easier - put a few of them in a baggie, have a small box of freshener sheets and I'm good to go. I don't mind doing a couple of loads on quiet days - makes my life easier when we get home.

Marcy, you and your family will be in my prayers tonight as well. Waiting for test results is so difficult, after my daughters recent surgery I had to wait three months to have any tests run to find out if the surgery had improved her condition. It was so hard.

Today I did get to do some shopping, I got two pair of sandals, three shirts, and a pair of shorts. I only bought for me, not for anyone else in the family. How's that for a treat:) Usually when I go shopping I only buy for everyone else and nothing for me.

I'm still undecided about both Cozumel and Roatan. My mission this weekend will be to decide what we're doing in these ports.

Maybe we should change the color lei to a more common color?? Or, maybe just wearing a lei of any color would be enough...how many people could there be getting leid, I uhh, mean wearing leis?? How about this? Just in case others are also wearing leis, (after al lit is the caribbean) we'll wear two leis of any color, one orange, if possible??

Another good one,, Sharon, add dryer sheets to the packing list. Didn't we also need raw bacon in case of botflies??:eek: I thought you we're bringing that??

Everyone, thanks for your wishes and prayers!!

Marcy - it is so wonderful that your hubby has passed the huge milestone of one year since his chemotherapy ended. I hope he passes all of his tests with flying colors! :)

Tara - I've purchased drink coupons in the past, but didn't this year. You do save a little money if you use them for the frozen drinks (daquiries, pina coladas, etc) but it can be a pain if you are like me and forget to carry them with you. I kept leaving them in my cabin by accident and had to run back and get them. :rolleyes:

Michelle - it sounds like you had a great shopping day!! I'm going shopping at the outlets in Atlantic City tomorrow. I don't really need anything, but that never stops me from buying stuff anyway. :o

Ok ladies. I just spent half of my husband's check at walmart last night. LOL Ok maybe not quite that bad...but I sure tried. I now have spiffy new shoes, 3 pairs, water camera, sunglasses, all my tanning lotions, blocks, intensifyers...lol. My body won't know what to do. I have to get them all to see if I decide to burn or tan this year. I had a cartfull of stuff. It was fun because it really made me realize how close we are. WOOHOO!!!! I fly out two weeks from today.

Good idea on the two lei thing. I am still on the massive hunt for orange. I'm sure that here in Circleville SOMEONE has a stash of them. I mean it is the official color of the town. :)

Marcys- I hope that everything goes well with the test results. You'll be in my prayers.

I have 2 more days with the students One of my students told me yesterday that he won't be in school the last 2 days. He told me it was a secret and not to tell the principal. He told me that he'll be going on a cruise aboard the VALOR this Sunday. Then all of the kids started talking about the Carnival ships that they have been on: Imagination, Fascination, triumph and the Victory. I have a lot of cruisers in my class and didn't know.

You're right Sharon, next time Valor sails the western caribbean, we'll be onboard!! With our orange leis, or blue, or green, or yellow!

This week I'm going to confirm all my plans, e-mail Victor Bodden, the parasailing guys in Grand Cayman, limo to airport, hotel, flights, cat sitter, kennel, etc. Debbie, should we confirm Wet-N-Wild one last time and that they'll be ready to go early if we can all get off the ship early?

The more I think about it, I definitely think this student needs to file a trip review before he can move on to the next grade! :D I've been thinking about confirming arrangements too, but I thought I would wait one more week - I'm afraid a lot can happen in 2 weeks - it would be my luck to call and confirm and then something get messed up inbetween! :(

I agree with your philosophy, Sharon, but think of it this way...if any of my plans fall through, I still have almost 2 weeks to scramble for new plans. And...I can always e-mail everyone again the last week just to confirm my confirmation. How's that for obsessive-compulsive??

Oh, one more thing - I'm having a hard time keeping track of who is doing what and where. If you're interested in meeting for excursions, add your info to the list below and maybe we can organize it a little better. Just a thought. :confused:

:) [U][B]Belize[/B][/U]
Cave Tubing w/Marvin - Sharon, Lance, Greg, Kristen and Stephen

:) [U][B]Roatan[/B][/U]
Orphanage and island tour - Sharon, Lance, Greg, Kristen and Stephen

:) [B][U]Cayman Islands[/U][/B]
Captain Marvin's Glass Bottom Boat - Sharon, Lance, Greg, Kristen and Stephen

:) [B][U]Cozumel[/U][/B]
Eagle Ray Divers Dune Buggy Tour - Sharon, Lance, Greg, Kristen and Stephen

Good idea, Sharon! Last year we listed who was doing what excursion on our web site (as well as cabin #s, if anyone is interested)

:) [u][b]Belize[/b][/u]
[color=red]Marcy, Dave, Sarah, and Greg (The 4 Caplin's)[/color]

:) [u][b]Roatan[/b][/u]
[color=red]Victor Bodden tours (canopy tour + Island tour)- The 4 Caplin's[/color]
:) [b][u]Cayman Islands[/u][/b]
[color=red]Parasiling/7 Mile Beach-The 4 Caplin's[/color]

:) [b][u]Cozumel[/u][/b]
[color=red]TBD-The 4 Caplin's, maybe Paradise Beach[/color]

And another thing - sorry... Stephen is my daughter's BF and we need to find out the best way for him to call home once in a while - any good suggestions? Do the international calling cards work in our ports or is there a better way?

FINALLY....doing the "Doc Dance". They came in the mail yesterday so that's one less thing to stress about although we are still in the "guarantee" catagory with no specific room yet.

Marcy - I'll keep you in your family in our prayers and hope for great news on Tuesday.

Still not deifnate about excursions except Roatan...orphanage and some snokeling at the West End. In Belize, we might do the Geoff Caye excursion or the canopy tour. In GC..maybe the beach and maybe not! And of course you know where we'll be in Coz! Might fit in a quick stop at the beach.

Heading for the mail after DS gets back from golfing. He needs new dress shoes and wants a pink tie to wear for formal night. He got the tie idea from watching the Apprentice and Don was wearing one in one of the episodes! I think he's a "Donald" wannabe!!!!

Well, 2 weeks from now Debbie's family and my family will be on the same plane heading for Fort Lauderdale!

Enjoy the holiday weekend everyone! It's finally beautiful here in PA!!

Beth

I decided to get one set of four drink coupons...I figured we'll be on the ship a week, we'll definitely use them! I also got my husband an anniversary gift...his gift to me was to have live Maine lobsters overnighted to our house for dinner...I grew up in New England and you just can't get lobster like that down here, so I'm very excited about these lobsters :o) Anyway, I had told him I was going to give him his gift on the cruise...I'm having the "High Seas Anniversary Gift" sent to our room for him...it's got champagne, engraved flutes, a coupon for one of the professional photos, four drink coupons, and a reusable camera that we probably won't use...I'm going crazy not being able to tell him what I got him!!!

Here are my additions to the list:

:) [u][b]Belize[/b][/u]
[color=red]Marcy, Dave, Sarah, and Greg (The 4 Caplin's)[/color]
[color=blue]Debbie, Jasmine, Lisa, Sheila, Amy and Carol[/color]

:) [u][b]Roatan[/b][/u]
[color=red]Victor Bodden tours (canopy tour + Island tour)- The 4 Caplin's[/color]
[color=blue]Tabyanna Beach (ship excursion) - Debbie, Jasmine, Lisa, Sheila, Amy and Carol[/color]

:) [b][u]Cayman Islands[/u][/b]
[color=red]Parasiling/7 Mile Beach-The 4 Caplin's[/color]
[color=blue]Soto's swim with the stingrays - Debbie, Jasmine, Lisa, Sheila, Amy and Carol[/color]

:) [b][u]Cozumel[/u][/b]
[color=red]TBD-The 4 Caplin's, maybe Paradise Beach[/color]
[color=blue]Paradise Beach by day, Fat Tuesdays by night - Debbie, Jasmine, Lisa, Sheila, Amy and Carol[/color]

[color=black]Marcy - I will e-mail Marvin one day this week to confirm our excursion time and make sure he'll be there if we are able to tender in a little early.[/color]

WOO-HOO!!! Just checked our documents more carefully and realized that we are in a balcony cabin...and we booked an oceanview guarantee!!!! I am sooooo excited! My only concern is that the kids will be in on the deck 2 - 6 decks directly below us....what do you guys think...would you be concerned? I guess there is a chance that they will be upgraded but...

OK...enough excitement for one night!

Beth

Beth, it seems like your kids are old enough (15 and 19?) that I wouldn't worry about them being on a different level. They will probably like the freedom and you are just a phone call away. Unless you have reason to be concerned I wouldn't worry too much. BTW - great uprade!! :D

Beth,

I'm not sure if you would want to call Carnival or not, but it might be a good idea, so that you don't go to check in and have a problem...my reasoning here is, when we booked our cruise, my parents wanted a balcony cabin but my sisters and my husband and I were okay with just oceanview...well, when I booked the rooms, they gave me no choice but to put my dad in the room with one of my sisters and my mom in the room with the other, because they are only 17 and 20. My husband and I (he is 25, I'm 22) have an adjoining room with my sisters, but Carnival said that wasn't enough. So even though my sisters will be sharing the room next to my husband and I, it's going to be kinda annoying because my dad won't have a key to his balcony room and my youngest sister won't have a key to her oceanview room...I hope I'm not confusing you...I just think it's better to be safe than sorry, and you might want to contact Carnival. It's their mistake, maybe you can even get your kids bumped up to a balcony room!

Hi everyone!

We were told by our PVP that once we are on the ship, we can get things switched...at this point my DH and DS are booked in one room and DD and I are in another. They have to do this on the docs but apparently we can switch things around once we check in. We did that on our Norwegian cruise and it worked out great.

We had booked an inside cabin for the kids and got an oceanview for the inside price since it's a little smaller than the other oceanview cabins. We're not expecting an upgrade on this one since it wasn't a guarantee. But one would be nice!

I'm not worried about the kids not being near us, it's just that we'll have to pack differently since DD is usually running in to our cabin to "share" stuff!

Beth

Archived