cruise insurance

I have a quote from insuremytrip for cruise insurance but I am not sure when I have to purchase it. My final payment is due June 19th, when is the last day to purchase the insurance.

You can purchase it any time, but to avoid pre existing conditions, etc. it should have been purchased within a few days of making your deposit way back when. It won't hurt to get it now but coverage may be limited. Be sure and read the policy.

I have a quote from insuremytrip for cruise insurance but I am not sure when I have to purchase it. My final payment is due June 19th, when is the last day to purchase the insurance.

As the other poster noted, it really depends on the policy you've chosen. While most policies can be purchased up until the day prior to your departure, some will add additional benefits if purchased sooner -- 7 to 21 days after making the initial deposit on the trip. This can include financial default coverage, terrorism coverage or, most importantly for some cruisers, the pre-existing medical condition coverage.

One plan on the insuremytrip site that usually prices out very well is CSA's Freestyle plan. But it doesn't cover pre-existing medical conditions anyway and so if that's the one you've chosen there's no reason not to wait until you've made the final payment. That way if you cancel the trip before there's any penalties you're not stuck with a non-refundable policy (although with all of the others the coverage can be transferred to a replacement future trip).

Archived