Fantasy: keep Empress E161 or change cabin

tatay

I have booked (empress) quad E161 that is right under the galley. Should I keep it or change. The other quads that are available on Empress are more aft (e208, e212, e216, e220, etc). I am just concerned with the noise from the galley, PVP said galley is closed by 8pm. All comments welcome specially from anyone who has actually been on or around this stateroom. Thanks in advance. :)

Don't remember the cabin # we had under the galley, but the noise was awful around 2 am, moving heavy machinery across the floor. I believe they said it was under the pastry kitchen.

I wondered what exactly we were under also when looking at the deck plans. I know due to it's location we should be ok with little to no motion because we're mid-ship, but I am concerned with the noise level since that is a more centralized deck for the photos, etc., Since we're going to be hanging out late, if the galley does close at 8pm it shouldn't be an issue to us. I agree, any info on this surely helps although this was an upgrade from the Riveria deck. I'd like to weigh my options..

I was under the galley on the Celebration. Big mistake!! The galley may close at 8 pm, but what time does it OPEN? A couple of times in 5 days, we were awakened between 5 and 6 am by very loud scraping noises above us, like equipment was being dragged across the floor in the galley.

Suzy

If you keep this room would you please write back at let me know how it goes,,, I have the same room booked for 10/30/06 out of New Orleans, one way or the other have a great trip......:D

Any other suggestions, should I stay on the empress deck or should I ask to be moved to a lower deck. I checked availability and it seems that the only quad staterooms available on empress and riviera are towards the back / aft. On the main deck and the riviera, there are quads available around midship (m88, m92, m178, m179, r114, r95, r167, r171). What will be a better choice??????? Should I switch to Oceanview guarantee (almost the same price as empress interior) C'mon regulars/cruise addicts, help a first timer here. :confused:

I have been under the galley on facination. I heard no noise. I heard people complaining about at 3Am people pushing things across the floor. The rule of thumb is: If you have to think about it, and a better option is avaliable, just take the other option.

Any other suggestions, should I stay on the empress deck or should I ask to be moved to a lower deck. I checked availability and it seems that the only quad staterooms available on empress and riviera are towards the back / aft. On the main deck and the riviera, there are quads available around midship (m88, m92, m178, m179, r114, r95, r167, r171). What will be a better choice??????? Should I switch to Oceanview guarantee (almost the same price as empress interior) C'mon regulars/cruise addicts, help a first timer here. :confused:

If you don't know if you will get seasick, midship is always best. Try to find a cabin that doesn't have public rooms above it.

Called our PVP and chose to upgrade to an Oceanview. She placed us on a 6D on the empress deck for an additional $20. :D Life is good.

Archived