Cruise to Nowhere, Oct 19, 2006, have ???

Sandi149

Hi,

My husband and I are going to be booking the cruise to nowhere in Oct on the Legend. I am wondering if anyone ever took this cruise and how is it? I know it's only 2 days but do they have the same activities as the longer cruises? How long does it take to check in at the pier in Manhattan? Any advice on this is appreciated.

Thanks.

Did this with my DD two years ago this month. Same activities, meals and almost everything, just done in two days. Formal night the last night with the full meal and "showtime" in the dining room. Checkin at the pier wasn't too bad, but like most cruises get there early or late. Lots of groups arriving by bus can slow things down. We came into NYC by Amtrak, took a cab over and were on the ship by 12:30. Although we had a good time, wouldn't do this again unless I found an outstanding bargain. I spent more on the two cruise than on the 5 day we took in May. At the time it was a chance for the two of us to spend 2 days together, and it was certainly worth it. If you go, have fun. Sailing out of NYC is fantastic! :D

I can't tell you about the Legend, but as for 2 night CTNs, I can tell you this...

I've done only one, and although I drove to the port, I wouldn't do it again. It's 'way too much hassle (to me) for such a short cruise. You're really on the ship only 1.5 days. It's a nice quick getaway; however, if anyone has to fly into a port city, it would hardly be worth it, moneywise.

However, the food is just as great, they provide both production shows, lots of activities, and formal night is as usual, except probably half the folks on board didn't even realize there would BE a formal night.

Enjoy!:)

Guest YesitDonna

I did this cruise with my mom last year. We got a good deal but also booked it two days before it left. We took the bus there from Boston. It is a short cruise but I will tell you... my mom STILL talks about the funwe had and told everyone about it. Her enjoying our time together that much and still talking about it... priceless.

A cruise to no where was our introduction to cruising and we have been hooked ever since. It was the Sensation out of Tampa about 8 years ago. I could never get my husband on a cruise and when I saw this advertised I started a campaign.

The food and shows were great. You'll have fun I'm sure!

I can't answer the question about the Lengend and if it was "clean", but I certainly hope so since we will be on it in March. Our CTN was on the Victory and it was lovely. I did notice a little difference of attitude from the wait staff...never introducing themselves and we also never did see our room steward. I had the distinct feeling the crew were not fond of the CTN experience. I would guess that there were few tips handed out over and above the paid in advance $10 pp per day. JMHO:rolleyes:

Thanks for all of your replies. Getting to the ship won't be a problem for me because I live in NY City. This will be my second CTN, the first one was on the now defunct Seabreeze. I'm really looking forward to this even if it very short. I just hope the weather is good. Does anyone know approximately how many miles out in the ocean they go?

Thanks again.

We did this a couple of years ago.

Everything was the same except there was no cruise director. You brought all your luggage on and off the ship.

We had great weather, and yes, the roof was closed on the bandstand pool.

We did this as a treat to wife's grandmother, but, as Cotton said, it was too short, and in my eyes, not worth it, and will never do it again.

You know how you feel the last full day of your cruise, all depressed because you know it's over? That happens on your first full day!

If I read the TV map right, you sail out as far as Cape Cod (longitude wise).

One bonus was that I ran into a cousin I hadn't seen in years, whose parents had sailed with my parents back in the 60's on the Oceanic.

Archived